Elgin - Stirling

JakeSAFC

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really fancy our chances on Saturday. We've had a disjointed pre-season with players missing games due to work and other games being called off due to lack of numbers and we're still in dire need of another 2-3 players, so I think it's going to take us a few weeks to get going properly. Hope I'm wrong though!

I don't really fancy our chances on Saturday. We've had a disjointed pre-season with players missing games due to work and other games being called off due to lack of numbers and we're still in dire need of another 2-3 players, so I think it's going to take us a few weeks to get going properly. Hope I'm wrong though!

Hope your right, we need to start the season in a positive fashion but expect it will be tight.

Prediction 2-1 win for the Albion and follow that up with a home victory over Airdrieonians the following week at Forthbank in the League Cup. :thumsup2

Gunn equalises. He seems to have been at City for ages. I take it he lives/works nearby?

Nah, he lives in Wick. He's travelled a crazy amount of miles for the club.

Absolutely delighted with that win today! We look so much more stronger mentally and physically than last season and the attitude and desire is a lot better too, Weir has done wonders with this team and we'd never have won this game last season. Once we get a few more players in, I reckon we're more than capable of challenging for playoffs this season but it's important that we do so as our bench was a bit on the light side today.

Soapy was immense today, hope he can stay injury free this season

Brian Cameron's goal was one of the best finishes I've seen in a long time. Lovely goal. We took a while to get going but we looked really sharp defensively and going forward. The lack of numbers is a bit of a worry so hopefully Weir's got a few more players in mind.

Our best player was Ceiran McLean imo.

I slated Ceiran a bit last season when it was announced he had been re-signed but if he can keep performing like he did today, I'll be happy to admit I was totally wrong. Having him and other local loons like Soapy and McHardy all playing and playing well is great for the club, I don't think we've had that many other locals make much impact during our SPFL years let alone 3 all in the same team. Robbie Bruce looks like another with a promising future.

Has there really been any? There was always support for the local guys but never really much quality. Brian Cameron seems to have broken the mould and came out as one of our best players over the last few years - Darryl McHardy also seems to have a massive chunk of the fans behind him week in week out.

Ceiran McLean has always been a sturdy, battling full back/midfielder and I'm glad he's stuck with us, he's often left out in favour of more fashionable players but he always puts a shift in whether it's 90 minutes or the arse end of the second half..

Archived