World Famous Dundee United v Aberdeen, 2 Aug 2015

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was the best time to play Aberdeen, they were just home from a long flight and away from home yet they have came away with the win, I would be disappointed if I was a united fan would of been expecting a point considering the circumstances. Yous need to get a striker but I imagine that is dependent on getting rid of someone first.

The second half was as poor from us as anything we saw last season, although the defence looked more solid. All the talk was about how tired Aberdeen would be but we looked knackered to a man after an hour, second to everything, no pressure on the ball even after going behind. All too familiar sadly - It's clear to see how we managed to win only 3 points from losing positions last season.

Don't think Bilate deserves all the stick he's getting tbh. He had a few poor touches, as did others, and had a bad miss but also had some good moments and we were at least a match for Aberdeen while he was on the park. Looking back at the comments during the match it seems he was 'horrific' after his first bad touch. I did think he looks like a man who has lost confidence in his legs after all the injuries though - there were a couple of times he could have taken on the defenders for pace but cut outside.

Overall, meh. Matched the nailed-on 2nd place side for much of the game but many of the worrying familiar signs still there.

No, no, no, no, no, no!

The horror fields of Rugby Park and McDiarmid still haunt me.

No, no, no, no, no, no!

The horror fields of Rugby Park and McDiarmid still haunt me.

I'll give you that - Killie in particular I recall was soul destroying. Maybe the closing stages of yesterday being seared into my memory gave me a skewed recollection of the whole second half, although I remember looking at the time 60-odd minutes in and thinking we looked knackered and without a clue what what we were meant to be doing.

Archived