Who will be the shock troops this season

RELENTLESS!

a lot of right good sides kicking about on the southside of Glasgow this year. Good luck to them all.

I trained with pollok at start of pre season and was impressed with the squad Rab has put together . A lot of young to go with the older lads he had a couple of years ago . I think they will go up this season if they carry there preseason form into the league . Having beat both Greenock and ksc . Got to the final of the nia roo tournament , there looking really strong

a lot of right good sides kicking about on the southside of Glasgow this year. Good luck to them all.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I trained with pollok at start of pre season and was impressed with the squad Rab has put together . A lot of young to go with the older lads he had a couple of years ago . I think they will go up this season if they carry there preseason form into the league . Having beat both Greenock and ksc . Got to the final of the nia roo tournament , there looking really strong

Anyone you,ve no trained TIGER

Hi Guys

Just joined the forum.

Killie Ams have always been proud of the fact that they can keep 24/25 players every season - 2 recently released with 2 coming in! This is down to the friendly ethos at the club where everyone is made welcome. We have many players at the club just now who have left us to play with other sides and discovered the grass is not always greener... then they come back! Amateur football should be seen as a hobby and enjoyment is important.

One or two lads have joined the ranks from Loudon and they have potential.

The dig at the manager is ridiculous and perhaps from someone who has moved on and didn't like a decision or two... well that's fitba and it happens at every club. We've had a decent pre season and are hopefully ready for Saturday.

We don't make out we are special, we are honest and hard working and like to try and play football a certain way. I'm hoping we can push for the league/promotion but there are other good sides in this league and it's way too early to make predictions. We don't expect any easy matches this season.

Some teams are being accused of splashing the cash but we certainly don't have the means for that! Our players and committee work hard to raise the profile of the club and fundraise to keep us going. We also look towards younger players with potential and try to develop them into better players if possible. Players that want to learn and don't think they know everything are often the best to work with.

If anyone is interested in joining in our ranks in a committee, coaching or playing capacity then please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks and all the best to each and every club for the forthcoming season!

. That's the best piece I have read on P@B. Well done to the writer

Thanks for the kind comments about my previous post but I believe honesty is the best policy. As a committee man I'm in it for the love of the game and hope most folk like being around the club... That's what will see it survive.

That's a bold claim. Hope you're right

Shotts Vic have been a great addition to the Leafa leagues last couple seasons. Would fancy them to be up there in prem 2. Hard team to beat, and can't see why they wont go far in the national comps.

Shotts played Craigshill last week in the champions cup semi final, winning on pens after a 2-2 draw.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I think Hurlford AFC are a really good side and they'll give everyone a game. Drumley/Ayr could be excellent or it could be difficult... you never know with mergers. Never played Ayr Ath but Drumley are a good side especially at home. Irvine Town are always difficult opponents and we have derbies against Dean and Craigie to contend with so things will be tough in div 2.

Think Catrine with some of their signings could be tough to beat in the third.

Div 1 - Shortlees have a premier team there and so do KSC now but it will be difficult for both teams to go up if they also have lengthy cup runs. They have the quality but the first is the hardest league to get out of! Too many other good sides in that league too.

Premier - the usual although Galston, Clark Dr and Tarbolton will have ambitions of competing I'd imagine.

aye but hurlford and shortlees ar payin ther boys apparently.. Nout amateur aboot that.

Shotts will win LEAFA Prem 2 and will win Premier next year,cracking side who will give Craigshill a run for their money in all local cups

agreed m8. Shotts ar a very decent outfit. Giv any1 a run. Ill put em 2 beat Colville if they come up against them.

Archived