New trialist rules

Dinsey

Yesterday we (St Bernard's) made a genuine mistake and completely forgot about the new rules regarding separate forms for each trialist that plays and we only ticked the usual box to mark trialists.

We won our game but the referee pointed out to the opposition after the game that we hadn't given him the sheets but that he wasn't going to put in a protest coz we won the game fair and square.

Just been told that Davie Ramage phoned up the other team and encouraged them to claim the points due to our mistake. I'm more than a little disappointed that someone in that position should be acting in such a manner and surely the league shouldn't be promoting clubs claiming matches in such fashion that isn't in the spirit of the game.

We made a genuinely honest mistake but had no impact on result and with it being the first gamewith the new rules surely a little bit leeway should be given.

Fair play to the Barca Milton manager though for refusing to claim the points and not taking up the offer of doing so.

I find it hard to believe that you can claim the points for that, surely it would only amount to a small fine? Is this a Scottish rule or a league rule?

It's now a national rule I believe regarding the Trialist form due to data protection on team sheets about opponents seeing addresses but I'd imagine probably each association has their own rules regarding punishing any offence.

Instead of putting trialists details on the team sheet you need to fill out a seperate "match-day participation" form. Which is a bit of pain, esp if you have numerous trialists. This is due to data protection I think. The Ayrshire league definetely don't punish you with a points deduction if these aren't filled in as we forgot to bring the sheets for a midweek game, but posted them afterwards, which the league were fine with.

Instead of putting trialists details on the team sheet you need to fill out a seperate "match-day participation" form. Which is a bit of pain, esp if you have numerous trialists. This is due to data protection I think. The Ayrshire league definetely don't punish you with a points deduction if these aren't filled in as we forgot to bring the sheets for a midweek game, but posted them afterwards, which the league were fine with.

I can see there being some fall out or fines minimum from this, as I know from a case at my club, we were denied permission to at two trialists in a midweek game due to having no forms. The referee told us that if we didn't have the relevant paperwork we couldn't play them.

• 8 months later...

Sorry to go over old ground but looking for some advice..............

At the weekend we fielded a trialist, all was done correctly, it was listed on the teamlines with a T alongside the name as well as a reference to the form, the players details were on the trialist form, he signed it and all the game and match details for our club were listed as well as the date, our secretary pre printed the form to make it look smarter and handed it to the referee to check before he accepted the teamlines, he checked it and was happy with it. The only thing is our Secretary who is highly meticulous thinks he may not have signed the part on the form where the club official needs to sign it, as alluded to above, the rest of the form was completed, player signed it and the ref accepted it. The concern our secretary has is does this therefore mean that the trialist was therefore ineligible for the match due to potentially not signing the form even though all other details are correct and the teamline was correctly filled and appropriately signed or would the potential outcome be merely just constitute an incorrect teamline?

Any views/advice/thoughts would be great as our secretary is a great wee guy, one of the best but the poor guy barely been able to sleep the last couple of days with worry about it.

Archived