Mark Staunton - Central Defender - Looking for new club in the West&#3

MS34

I wonder at the logic behind players coming on here to find a club, I feel that if a players good enough he'll get a club without having to come onto a fans forum to get a team. As often as not all they get is folk saying how hopeless they are, very few of them get many compliments.

Surely if they've played at a decent level they'll have made enough contacts in the game, all it takes is a phone call to a club, that's bound to be better than the grief they'll get on here.

Agreed 100% .

Mark has played at a good junior level with ourselves and irvine meadow and most people will know him and that he's more than capable of playing at the top end of the junior game in the west of Scotland where he's based .

Maybe it's a bit different for a young guy finishing up in the juveniles who's wishing to seek a junior club as an unknown quantity but guys who have been established at the top end of junior football for a few years should be subject to a few offers if he puts the word out through other avenues.

Lots of times players seeking clubs on here are subject to ridicule as you say and it can be quite painful viewing at times.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% this .

I would rather guys at my club who want to play for the jersey rather than than play for the coin .

This kind of comment really reflects badly on Beith Juniors. Mark was a very good player for Beith. He struggled to dislodge McCulloch and Sheriden in the great 2008-10 teams but got his head down and played across the back line and occasionally in midfield. I presume the lad has bills to pay like everyone else and tried to get the best deal he could in the summer. So what? He won't let any premier league club down if he comes back into the Juniors. He can play in both full back positions, sweep and do a job holding. In other words exactly the type of player every team needs over a season. Good luck Mark and sorry you had to put up with this pish from people who can't kick their backside.

This kind of comment really reflects badly on Beith Juniors. Mark was a very good player for Beith. He struggled to dislodge McCulloch and Sheriden in the great 2008-10 teams but got his head down and played across the back line and occasionally in midfield. I presume the lad has bills to pay like everyone else and tried to get the best deal he could in the summer. So what? He won't let any premier league club down if he comes back into the Juniors. He can play in both full back positions, sweep and do a job holding. In other words exactly the type of player every team needs over a season. Good luck Mark and sorry you had to put up with this pish from people who can't kick their backside.

It really doesn't reflect badly on Beith juniors at all. :huh:

It's my own personal opinion as a fan of my club all my life so why should it reflect badly on the club ?

He had a good game today and would fit into that kilbirnie side easily. Not to sure what's happening with this 1 but would love him playing for kilbirnie and he would be a favourite with the fans.

Just stump up the 3grand signing on fee and the £150 a week and he can be your favourite! ????

He had a good game today and would fit into that kilbirnie side easily. Not to sure what's happening with this 1 but would love him playing for kilbirnie and he would be a favourite with the fans.

thats a quick change around, he gets slated on various threads on here by Kilbirnie fans nobody there rated him now he'd be a fans favourite , no secret he will want a good deal to sign for whoever but he might take a cut to go to Kilbirnie as he always wanted to play for them, good luck to him wherever he ends up, he was decent when he was at Beith regardless of what anyone else says.

thats a quick change around, he gets slated on various threads on here by Kilbirnie fans nobody there rated him now he'd be a fans favourite , no secret he will want a good deal to sign for whoever but he might take a cut to go to Kilbirnie as he always wanted to play for them, good luck to him wherever he ends up, he was decent when he was at Beith regardless of what anyone else says.

Don't think any Kilbirnie fan here actually slating his ability on here but questioning his ways of advertising himself but hey why not make up your own wee agenda to suit yourself

LADESIDE

Archived