Wishaw v Gartcairn Sat 22 Aug 2pm League Cup Section 2 (Shoot Out)

BigBadBoaby

Gartcairn require a win to definately win group or a draw assuming Carluke don't beat Newmains by a cricket score and a Wishaw win would win them the group unless Carluke again beat Newmains by a few someone please correct me if I am wrong!! :P

Should be a cracking game this hoping to get up to it if can knock off work early localish Derby and hopefully see both teams at full strength and a good spectacle.

Not been up to Wishaw new park so looking forward to it.

Yes 4-3 Larky first half Wishaw better side deservedly 3-1 up second half Gartcairn got back to 3-3 and had a few chances to win it. Goalie for Gartcairn who has looked good when I have seen them had a howler was at fault badly for 3 goals. Pollock again has looked good was poor as was McFarland with McManus cut a very frustrated figure on his own up front with balls being launched at all angles over his head. Wishaw deserved it over the piece.

Ref again was stinking for both teams.

Good wee crowd at game and was entertaining to watch good luck to Wishaw!!

Brilliant result for Wishaw who qualify from the group for the 2nd year running.

Nice cameo appearance from Chris the manager who came on and slotted home the winner with his first touch of the ball. That's definitely leading by example!

Took the game in today mostly to catch up with my mates from Wishaw and a wee bit to check out Gartcairn. Was a very entertaining game for the neutral, but after all the hype surrounding cairn I can honestly say I left today underwhelmed.

I'm sure it may have been a blip but Wishaw totally deserved the win. Other than long range efforts and mistakes cairn never really got in behind and cause problems which I was led to believe was their strength.

Was really impressed by Wishaw first half. Looked a very dangerous and capable side. Second half was end to end and couldn't have been a mental score. McManus effort wasn't even close to going over the line the wishaw defender took his time to clear the ball, that says it all lol

Good result for wishaw today well done lads . Wishaw were missing a few players but that allows other players to claim a place in starting 11 .missing today were Crawford , mcgeachie , Elly, Kane and Hamilton .

All the best to gartcairn for the rest of season .

well done to Wishaw today and over the group section. Todays game was very entertaining but from our point of view again we were poor. Struggling to get going so far and our usual reliable defence and keeper were not at the races.

Saturday is the start of the season and hopefully we can pick ourselves up and get a good start to the league campaign

A very well run club with terrific backing behind the scenes but they need to improve massively on that today should still have enough to get out the Second Div but think the sights are set a lot higher than that medium to long term.

A very well run club with terrific backing behind the scenes but they need to improve massively on that today should still have enough to get out the Second Div but think the sights are set a lot higher than that medium to long term.

Think that's the problem at this club. Wouldn't say too much backing but far too much put into making these players feel like superstars...... Names on strips..... Squad numbers..... Pre match meals at Dakota.

What these guys need is a reality check. Roll your sleeves up and get stuck in about it rather than strolling about thinking your superstars. Yes there's quality within the squad. Got to win the battle before you can stroll.

I've watched Gartcairn play their last 2 games.

They are a welcome addition to the Junior game.

I enjoyed watching Tam McManus orchestrate the pre match warm up today.

Team wise,they need to improve all over the pitch, but they will do that.

Bit flimsy & light weight in defence.

Balance not right in the midfield area.

Tam looks & is as good as anybody in the junior game, but he needs to get proper service, & some assistance.

He would have scored at least 3 goals if he was in the Wishaw team this afternoon.

All the best to Gartcain for the rest of the season.

Tam looks & is as good as anybody in the junior game, but he needs to get proper service, & some assistance.

He would have scored at least 3 goals if he was in the Wishaw team this afternoon.

Thanks mate, people need to remember we are a new club and we will take time to get things the way we want

Spot on Larky.

McManus is a class act on and off the pitch for Gartcairn but must be wildly frustrating for him to be playing at the level he is with the guys round about him it's a huge drop you wonder how long he will stomach it to be honest.

Gartcairn have a good set up and seem to be building up a decent little suppport home and away so fair play to them plus I have enjoyed the games so far win or lose.

Won't make Sat down at Vale of Leven but will continue to watch them with interest as they go along this season.

Archived