Rehearsals are over,now watch the Wishy go......

tommyboy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They certainly were S. Super move for the opening goal, score by the Wishaw no 7, classiest player on the pitch.

Early in the 2nd half the same lad cleverly got himself in possession on the right byline & cut it back, for the Wishaw no 9 to volley into the net from 8yds.

Not happy with the entertainment he was providing the Wishaw no 7, was on the ball around 30yds out from where he tried a shot which swerved, bent, curled, & dipped under the crossbar, to put this team 3 up & the game out of reach for the visitors.

Wishaw then proceeded to play out the game with a very impressive display of possession football.

Every Wishaw player put on a good performance, Lanark, worked hard but never got close to a very classy, hard working Wishaw team.

Crowd, around 150.

Officials did very well. Particularly the Assistant who wisnae Donny.

Couldn't make it tonight but according to Larky, Wishaw played well tonight who scored the goals tonight and who do we get in the semi as spud said earlier great achievement for our wee club making three semis in the last year let me know we're semi is being played will try to get along to game.

Heard a rumour this morning that Wishaw are without their left winger (Collinder (I think)) due to work, Paul McGeough due to flu and Kevin Barry due to injury. Three of the most important players in the wishaw side and decimates their midfield. My mate who plays at wishaw reckons they will have to play 5 - 4 - 1 to deal with the midfield problems and only work on the counter attack

Your source was spot on. Kevin Barry was that injured tonight he only managed to score 2 goals and set up the other.

Well done again to all the lads! Hopefully can go one further this year and make the final!

Very impressed with Wishaw tonight - good luck in semi final.

Just our luck to get you boys in our 1st game in the division when Yous are flying

Well done again and tell the ultras they were brilliant - they will be made welcome at St Roch's on Saturday (free entry to under 16s)

Cheers

First goal was a lovely move, killer pass and a great shot to finish it of. Vinnies scored with a certain amount of style and how many yards out was the third?

I was at opposite end. Goalie didn't move. Sweet!

Thanks to all who attended tonight and I am very proud of wishaw tonight reaching our 3rd semi final in the last 12 months well done to Chris ,players and back room team shows all the hard work they have put in is starting to pay off .

Would also like to thank eddy who has sold out the golden goal tickets 2 games on the trot now .

St Roch I will thank the ultras nice group of young guys who add a bit of atmosphere to the games

All the best to Lanark for the rest of season

Wishaw were outstanding, Spud. You went senior?

Glad to here Wishaw were outstanding! Fantastic achievement for Chris, the boys and the club. No not went senior Larky (not and never have been good enough for that) ???? I'm at Bellshill now mate!

They certainly were S. Super move for the opening goal, score by the Wishaw no 7, classiest player on the pitch.

Early in the 2nd half the same lad cleverly got himself in possession on the right byline & cut it back, for the Wishaw no 9 to volley into the net from 8yds.

Not happy with the entertainment he was providing the Wishaw no 7, was on the ball around 30yds out from where he tried a shot which swerved, bent, curled, & dipped under the crossbar, to put this team 3 up & the game out of reach for the visitors.

Wishaw then proceeded to play out the game with a very impressive display of possession football.

Every Wishaw player put on a good performance, Lanark, worked hard but never got close to a very classy, hard working Wishaw team.

Crowd, around 150.

Crowd, around 150.

Donny does his best he must be nearly 100 by now.

Thanks to all who attended tonight and I am very proud of wishaw tonight reaching our 3rd semi final in the last 12 months well done to Chris ,players and back room team shows all the hard work they have put in is starting to pay off .

Would also like to thank eddy who has sold out the golden goal tickets 2 games on the trot now .

St Roch I will thank the ultras nice group of young guys who add a bit of atmosphere to the games

All the best to Lanark for the rest of season

Yup,kudos to yourself and all the guys behind the scenes who are now beginning to reap the benefits of all the hard work over the last few years as the club shows vast improvements both on and off the park.

The pitch looked in first class order last night and that's just about the best performance I've seen from any Wishy side.

Great stuff guys,keep it going! :thumsup2

Archived