LEAFA 15/16

SteveThePirate

Noticed there wasn't a thread regarding the LEAFA leagues this season. How's everyone looking so far? Who'll win what etc... Premiership is difficult to call, but Linlithgow look like they'll be decent, even though they were beaten last night, and Edinburgh Rose impressed me preseason.

Championship is open too, with Danderhall, Edinburgh Utd Alba, Lochend, Victoria Loco, Shotts and Hermiston Vale all probably pushing for promotion.

Not too sure about other leagues except from the fact that Craigshill will romp their league and do well in every cup, and that Edinburgh South Vics look a good side too.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edinburgh Rose have started well, picking up 10points from 12, long long way to go though. Most teams very capable of beating each other on their day. Can see both Premiership and Championship divisions going the distance!!

We've started well after a poor pre season, played 3 games, beat Fernie 4-1, drew with Edin Rose 2-2 (their keeper made 2 great saves late on as well), then beat Linlithgow 3-2, still can't quite believe the winning goal in that one, their keeper will have had nightmares about it, sort of thing you see in football bloopers vids, but never expect to see live!

Think it'll be a pretty tight league this season. Quite a few good teams.

Noticed there wasn't a thread regarding the LEAFA leagues this season. How's everyone looking so far? Who'll win what etc... Premiership is difficult to call, but Linlithgow look like they'll be decent, even though they were beaten last night, and Edinburgh Rose impressed me preseason.

Championship is open too, with Danderhall, Edinburgh Utd Alba, Lochend, Victoria Loco, Shotts and Hermiston Vale all probably pushing for promotion.

Not too sure about other leagues except from the fact that Craigshill will romp their league and do well in every cup, and that Edinburgh South Vics look a good side too.

not really sure how you can band names about but not include South Gyle in that bracket. Just came up after promotion and still undefeated after 4 games. still a long way to go through the season however SGAFC have shown they're good enough to be up there with the best of the teams.

Tollcross seem like they're struggling this season so far but i'm sure they'll turn a corner.

We've started well after a poor pre season, played 3 games, beat Fernie 4-1, drew with Edin Rose 2-2 (their keeper made 2 great saves late on as well), then beat Linlithgow 3-2, still can't quite believe the winning goal in that one, their keeper will have had nightmares about it, sort of thing you see in football bloopers vids, but never expect to see live!

Think it'll be a pretty tight league this season. Quite a few good teams.

really good league for you guys to be involved in this year Easty. Easily good enough to compete with the best as shown last season.

not really sure how you can band names about but not include South Gyle in that bracket. Just came up after promotion and still undefeated after 4 games. still a long way to go through the season however SGAFC have shown they're good enough to be up there with the best of the teams.

Tollcross seem like they're struggling this season so far but i'm sure they'll turn a corner.

really good league for you guys to be involved in this year Easty. Easily good enough to compete with the best as shown last season.

They've started the season well, but never impressed me during pre season. But it's difficult to judge teams and players, so that's why I'm asking how everyone's looking.

Edinburgh Rose or tollcross for the prem.

Danderhall for the championship.

Craigshill - Lothian west.

Clermiston - Lothian East.

Edinburgh south vics - Edinburgh East.

Shotts - Edinburgh west.

Archived