Arthurlie v Lok

cmonthelie

We had a terrible start that lost us the game.

However we still hit the bar a couple of times - missed a few headers when we should have scored and Winters missing when your keeper made a mess of the clearance. You also had more chances, but game could easily have been 5-5.

But fair play you won - not sure how good us and the Meadow are in comparison to the rest of the league to be able to judge you - i have a feeling we will be the teams near the bottom - but you have 6 points - so as said fair play.

If both teams had taken their chances Arthurlie would still have come out on top I reckon. Pollok fans may not agree but it was a good advert for our game. The Lie had an electrifying start and blew Pollok away before they had any chance to settle. Dallas led the line superbly and caused Lok no end of problems. In recent years we have been playing catch up and its nice to see teams below us at this early stage.

I can see superpolloks point in relation to how good Arthurlie are but I will say that this league has the makings to be even tighter than last seasons so the 6 points collected could be very important come the end .

Next week Lok v Medda ? Id love to see a draw.

Im surprised at those stats to be honest. Lie always looked to be the better team in my opinion. Just as well Arthurlie are better at taking their chances then. Nobody leaving Dunterlie on Saturday would have believed those stats. It makes it look like Arthurlie were pounded and nothing could be further from the truth. Im not saying the stats aren't true, just on reflection of the game and how it went, a bit surprising.

Archived