Scotland squad face Poland & Gibraltar

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GS played for a draw in Ireland. Wrong

Said we didnt have to beat Georgia. Wrong (No shots on goal, That a sign of a team told to win a game, Didnae think so)

Hes made a c**t o it. Fact.

If that was CL or CB their would be fireworks, WGS getting away wae it, Heed out the sand time

What if we win our next two games to qualify, will you change your mind?

Guest DAVIDB69

Unfortunately the likely end is as follows:

We draw with Poland

Germany beat Ireland

Poland and Ireland go thought the motions with draw that suits both

Guest DAVIDB69

When have we ever had a combination of results that suit us.

You think the law of averages suggest we will get the combination one day.

Although you could go back 40 years and I can never recall a set of results going in our favour

It was in our own hands pre ireland game. Its out ours now. Ive accepted were not qualifying, Anything else is a bonus-Wont happen

It's still in our hands now. We win 2 games, we got a play off 100%. Play off still in our hands. Not ideal but it's still in our hands.

GS played for a draw in Ireland. Wrong

Said we didnt have to beat Georgia. Wrong (No shots on goal, That a sign of a team told to win a game, Didnae think so)

Hes made a c**t o it. Fact.

If that was CL or CB their would be fireworks, WGS getting away wae it, Heed out the sand time

:lol:

One bad result out of 8 and you hear pish like this

You would've taken every single result we had had before the Georgia away game, the only f**k up of the campaign!!!

Bore off

It's still in our hands now. We win 2 games, we got a play off 100%. Play off still in our hands. Not ideal but it's still in our hands.

Not the case. Scenario:

We beat Poland and Gibraltar.

Ireland beat Germany and Poland beat Ireland.

We finish 4th despite winning our final two games. Not likely certainly, but Ireland drew in Germany so not out with the realms of possibility that they could beat them in Dublin. Especially since Germany are pretty much through already.

It's outwith our hands.

Not the case. Scenario:

We beat Poland and Gibraltar.

Ireland beat Germany and Poland beat Ireland.

We finish 4th despite winning our final two games. Not likely certainly, but Ireland drew in Germany so not out with the realms of possibility that they could beat them in Dublin. Especially since Germany are pretty much through already.

It's outwith our hands.

Technically. Mathematically.

But we all know if we beat Poland we've got a playoff. But the likelihood of that happening is pretty slim. We couldn't keep muller down and we sure as hell won't keep lewandoski down.

Bang on stu though time he plays the likes o mccormacks,Armstrongs and Rhodes they.ll be the chasing shadows like half the team just now- #ButchersdugX1

o

I realise you are thick as shit but ill entertain you.

Armstrong - decent player. Should eventually be given his chance but is he better than what we currently have in his position? No.

Rhodes - you sound exactly like the tartan army people you slag off. Rhodes is a good squad player and is useful off the bench. His scoring record is very good at that level. So why has no epl team bought him?

Mccormack - ill actually agree with you in that he should probably be in the squad as i like him.

I don't really see the hate for GS. Every result has been decent apart from Georgia. I think its easy to blame the manager but the team were just absolutely shite. These things happen.

Most of the TA are funny and clearly know nothing about football. After the georgia game, they declared that the tactics GS uses are shite and that we should throw two up front. I can imagine you are probably similar.

Technically. Mathematically.

But we all know if we beat Poland we've got a playoff. But the likelihood of that happening is pretty slim. We couldn't keep muller down and we sure as hell won't keep lewandoski down.

Much better chance of beating Poland than we did Germany even if Lewandowski is playing. They were pretty poor when they went to Dublin.

Some absolute abortions of posts on the previous page. Deary me.

Bottom line is this. We've been screwed over by a single match really - Georgia away. You can argue that Ireland away gets added to that, but a draw was not a bad result until you combine it with a defeat in Georgia. If we'd won against Georgia, our destiny would be mostly in our hands, meaning that Ireland would have to win one of their two games, because presumably we'll beat Gibraltar. In other words, it's massive revisionism to say that Ireland was a terrible result. It wasn't a shining result by any means, but not the dreadful one some TA bumpkins like to make out now. In fact, if we pick up 4 points from two games, and Ireland none, then that "terrible" result will put us through on head to head.

As for the game itself, I'm leaning more and more towards a draw ala Czech Republic. We don't absolutely have to win, but obviously we should be going out to. I don't think Ireland stand a chance against Germany to be honest. They were struggling a little back when they got the draw, but now they're a different team. I expect a similar result to ours against Germany, where they could always score one more than Ireland if they decide to step it up. Then provided we don't lose, it'll bring it down to the last day. At that point I can see us winning fairly awkwardly in Faro...but I can't help but feel that Ireland will get something against Poland. Have we ever had a case like that in qualifying where we get papped out by results elsewhere as opposed to choking ourselves?

Archived