Scotland squad face Poland & Gibraltar

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No surprises, while Forrest's continued inclusion is obviously ridiculous the debate has been done to death so we just have to hope he doesn't get any game time. Pleased to see Shinnie getting a call-up, although he's (rightly) only going to play if the Gibraltar game is meaningless.

At least there's no one missing out who would improve the starting eleven, even if there's some who would improve the bench.

What does Jame Forrest have to do not to get a call up? Been utter shit. And surely Fletcher wont be starting up front.

A bit of Strachans press conference was shown on SSN and we have no first choice striker.

I can only assume he's got compromising photographs, or Strachan's banging his daughter, because Forrest is in no way worthy of being in that squad. No matter how badly he plays, he never gets dropped.

Squad announcement day is becoming groundhog day. Let the usual debates about left back and centre forward and James Forrest commence.

#TeamPhillips

ETA: the under 21 squad is just as depressing if you choose to analyse it.

No way should Mulgrew be in that squad, he's not been in good form for Celtic, he's not fit, his last good game for Scotland was against Ireland at home half a year ago? Going by Strachans press conference if Mulgrew passes himself as fit he'll be playing, fucking nightmare.

I can only assume he's got compromising photographs, or Strachan's banging his daughter, because Forrest is in no way worthy of being in that squad. No matter how badly he plays, he never gets dropped.

Squad announcement day is becoming groundhog day. Let the usual debates about left back and centre forward and James Forrest commence.

#TeamPhillips

ETA: the under 21 squad is just as depressing if you choose to analyse it.

:o

There's absolutely no way Rhodes will start against Poland. Fletcher would have to go on an own-goal scoring run for Sunderland to be considered for the bench. Even then, it would likely be Chris Martin as his replacement.

I'm not sure I see the point in calling up Morrison, think he's a good player but he is suspended and Gibraltar is a gimme.

There's absolutely no way Rhodes will start against Poland. Fletcher would have to go on an own-goal scoring run for Sunderland to be considered for the bench. Even then, it would likely be Chris Martin as his replacement.

I'm not sure I see the point in calling up Morrison, think he's a good player but he is suspended and Gibraltar is a gimme.

Might find he is a big influence on the dressing room. He's one of the more senior members of the squad so probably there for his presence more than anything

No way should Mulgrew be in that squad, he's not been in good form for Celtic, he's not fit, his last good game for Scotland was against Ireland at home half a year ago? Going by Strachans press conference if Mulgrew passes himself as fit he'll be playing, fucking nightmare.

:lol:

Mulgrew the new boy to slate for some people I see after a couple of poor games, one of the games where everybody was poor.

I dont think he should be in the squad as he has a thigh strain but he has been a solid and reliable performer for Scotland over his 20 caps.

Even with it surely being a guaranteed win, if we are still in it and need to beat Gibraltar to qualify I don't see Strachan taking any chances. The starting eleven at least will be the strongest available unless we're already eliminated.

Archived