Star Trek Online

EdgarusQPFC

Has anyone here given this game a shot? Ive played it on and off for years. The space combat is pretty entertaining although the ground combat and general lack of other star trek aspects (exploration, diplomacy etc) leaves something to be desired. For a Star Trek fan the plots are generally pretty good and they do try to answer some questions left unanswered in the various series. Its one of those games you play for a week or two then leave for a while and come back to. It could be so much more but if you want a fix of fighting klingons and romulans theres worse ways to go around it.

12011238_1024971517553237_63202104410476

Yes. Playing it off and on recently. Supposedly Series XI will be more getting back to "boldly going where no man has gone before".

Like you it annoys me that it seems to be...

Pick mission, fight in space, fight on planet get reward.

Got so annoyed with it I decided to create my own missions based on the Crew Missions, Risa, DS9 and other open world areas. Although as a Fed spent an age on New Romulas. In full graphic settings it can look stunning.

• 11 months later...

From what ive seen of the Console controller layout the games gonna be brutal at endgame. 
Star-Trek-Online-Xbox-One-Preview-Space-

Screencap with a Akira Class Starship, 5 move slots. I will say i like the use of the D-Pad for Impulse and power settings. But heres the problem. This is a screencap of my current build using a Galaxy Class Dreadnought Tier 6 at max level. I mean look at my full moveset. Either they have to limit the moveset on Console or you will have to be a wizard with your controller

20160914204951_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
From what ive seen of the Console controller layout the games gonna be brutal at endgame. 
Star-Trek-Online-Xbox-One-Preview-Space-Planet.jpg?itok=0cwhNDJi

Screencap with a Akira Class Starship, 5 move slots. I will say i like the use of the D-Pad for Impulse and power settings. But heres the problem. This is a screencap of my current build using a Galaxy Class Dreadnought Tier 6 at max level. I mean look at my full moveset. Either they have to limit the moveset on Console or you will have to be a wizard with your controller

20160914204951_1.jpg

Radial menus. For each of the five slots, when you hold it down you get further options. You can also set certain moves to be used automatically when a situation arises.

Console version still has minor glitches, quests that won't complete etc. Think it's still missing parts that the PC version has, such as diplomacy. Still, good fun to play so far

23 minutes ago, AlexDolan said:

Radial menus. For each of the five slots, when you hold it down you get further options. You can also set certain moves to be used automatically when a situation arises.

Console version still has minor glitches, quests that won't complete etc. Think it's still missing parts that the PC version has, such as diplomacy. Still, good fun to play so far

So basically be a Controller Wizard :lol: Good thing its not cross platform, dont think Console players would have a chance :lol:

Archived