Gartcairn Winter Festival 2016

rtg1971

Guys if your junior teams have any junior ranks (yeah i can see how this is confusing now) junior=kids can you pass the following details on to them.

We still have spaces available in all age groups - apply using this form here http://www.gartcairn.com/tournappform2016.pdf sponsored by @HealthRewards1

This festival marks the opening of the new season 2016/2017 for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009 mixed age groups and also u13 & u11 girls. The event is held within Ravenscraig indoor 3g so guaranteed football for your younger children at this horrible time of the year. Each participant receives a participation medal which are usually given out by footballing personalities.

Thanks

Robert

Guys if your junior teams have any junior ranks (yeah i can see how this is confusing now) junior=kids can you pass the following details on to them.

We still have spaces available in all age groups - apply using this form here http://www.gartcairn.com/tournappform2016.pdf sponsored by @HealthRewards1

This festival marks the opening of the new season 2016/2017 for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009 mixed age groups and also u13 & u11 girls. The event is held within Ravenscraig indoor 3g so guaranteed football for your younger children at this horrible time of the year. Each participant receives a participation medal which are usually given out by footballing personalities.

Thanks

Robert

Would recommend it for youth teams been twice very good tournament

Thanks

Robert

Robert, as a grassroot coach and fan of the game can you justify why for a team of 6 players aged 7-8yrs old should be paying £100 to enter the festival, this is an absolute joke, clubs are always struggling for cash and to charge 1 (one) team £100 each to enter is ridiculous!! i can understand the cost to run a festival indoors at Ravenscraig but you wonder why clubs/team never travel to festivals that much, we've been to various festivals throughout scotland and been charged between £20-35 per team, if i was running a 2008/09 team and had say 50 players which we do and wanted all players to attend it would cost £75 per team x 10 = £750 for these kids to play football... TRAVISTY for young players to play the game they love and its the parents that suffer!!!

Robert, as a grassroot coach and fan of the game can you justify why for a team of 6 players aged 7-8yrs old should be paying £100 to enter the festival, this is an absolute joke, clubs are always struggling for cash and to charge 1 (one) team £100 each to enter is ridiculous!! i can understand the cost to run a festival indoors at Ravenscraig but you wonder why clubs/team never travel to festivals that much, we've been to various festivals throughout scotland and been charged between £20-35 per team, if i was running a 2008/09 team and had say 50 players which we do and wanted all players to attend it would cost £75 per team x 10 = £750 for these kids to play football... TRAVISTY for young players to play the game they love and its the parents that suffer!!!

quite easy really, however you state £100 for a team of 6 players? Its £100 for a sevens team so i would expect a team of 10 players for that. Costing as i said is easily justified - the park costs £3500 to hire over the weekend! Add the medals costs for 1100 children and trophies then the cost justification is easy. This is our 5th or 6th year (cannae mind too old now) and it is always full with only great words to be said about it from players, parents & coaches. You can pay £25/30 for any other festival for fun fours - enjoy plaing in a shit hole and taking your risk with the weather, im not forcing anyone to come to ours.

quite easy really, however you state £100 for a team of 6 players? Its £100 for a sevens team so i would expect a team of 10 players for that. Costing as i said is easily justified - the park costs £3500 to hire over the weekend! Add the medals costs for 1100 children and trophies then the cost justification is easy. This is our 5th or 6th year (cannae mind too old now) and it is always full with only great words to be said about it from players, parents & coaches. You can pay £25/30 for any other festival for fun fours - enjoy plaing in a shit hole and taking your risk with the weather, im not forcing anyone to come to ours.

Does your organisation have a projected "profit" margin to achieve on this event ?

quite easy really, however you state £100 for a team of 6 players? Its £100 for a sevens team so i would expect a team of 10 players for that. Costing as i said is easily justified - the park costs £3500 to hire over the weekend! Add the medals costs for 1100 children and trophies then the cost justification is easy.

Lets make it easier for everyone else then, if there is an estimated 1100 players as you say that would mean an estimated 120 team charging £100, this would obviously calculate to around £12,000, taking away roughly £4500-£5000 this would leave an estimated £5-7k profit, Great for business but not so great for grassroot football, every ''shithole' festival you suggest offer affordable festivals for visiting teams and 95% of them break even or with slight profit, i have no issue with you making vast amounts of money for your club but can really justify the cost if that is the profitability????????????

Archived