Motherwell v Celtic 17-10-15

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brutal game.

Scrapes a 1-0 at Motherwell, and the manager does the 'Ronny Roar'. Twice.

What an embarrassment.

scraped?

Totally dominant, not sure craig had a save to make. Score only kept down by inept ref.

5 point deficit turned into 2 point lead in matter of weeks.

Glasgow Celtic.....

Champions B)

scraped?

Totally dominant, not sure craig had a save to make. Score only kept down by inept ref.

5 point deficit turned into 2 point lead in matter of weeks.

Glasgow Celtic.....

Champions B)

Great to see the champs showing real resolve against an in form challenger .

That Celtic team are honking. This opinion that Celtic should have won by 6 or 7 is absolutely mental. They had a massive majority of possession, but I honestly never felt like they had the ability to score a second.

Also the "Ronnie roar" is fucking cringeworthy. Genuine toe-curling stuff.

That Celtic team are honking. This opinion that Celtic should have won by 6 or 7 is absolutely mental. They had a massive majority of possession, but I honestly never felt like they had the ability to score a second.

Not as toe curling as "no penalty".

CRhM-7TXIAALEV6.jpg

I'm struggling to really think of any positives from this game other than Alan Muir's excellent handling of two very light penalty claims and apologising to Pearson for blowing his whistle after a very robust challenge early on. Just shows the real character of the man.

Louis Laing in the middle was an interesting experiment - I would have thought Grimshaw as the one to fill that role, but he did ok. Football on both sides was brutal though. Celtic come forward, can't do anything, we punt the ball to the halfway line for Celtic to come forward. Repeat and rinse. Romeo was right - Gordon had f**k all to do all game though.

Man of the match - Alan Muir.

I'm struggling to really think of any positives from this game other than Alan Muir's excellent handling of two very light penalty claims and apologising to Pearson for blowing his whistle after a very robust challenge early on. Just shows the real character of the man.

Louis Laing in the middle was an interesting experiment - I would have thought Grimshaw as the one to fill that role, but he did ok. Football on both sides was brutal though. Celtic come forward, can't do anything, we punt the ball to the halfway line for Celtic to come forward. Repeat and rinse. Romeo was right - Gordon had f**k all to do all game though.

Man of the match - Alan Muir.

With Celtic shooting like blind men and our lack of any chances we could be playing this game for another 3 days and it would still only be 1-0.

With Celtic shooting like blind men and our lack of any chances we could be playing this game for another 3 days and it would still only be 1-0.

And we'd still get the 3 points at the end of it.

Dry your eyes.

And we'd still get the 3 points at the end of it.

Dry your eyes.

Believe me, I'm far from gutted. That was a shite game no matter what end you were sitting in.

We're shite. We'll be in the relegation battle again this season for definite. And we don't even have Tony Straker here for hilarity purposes :( .

With the greatest respect, did you have your eyes shut when they hit the woodwork? Or when they strolled through us with ease time and again, or when they had two stonewall penalties denied?

Celtic weren't great today, far from it but they should have still have won that game by four or five clear goals and we offered absolutely nothing I'm the way of competing or threatening to score atall. Yet again we turn in another heartless, disinterested display and our 'new' manager appears to be trying to do a Bob Malcolm with Louis Laing, ie. making a piss poor central defender into a central midfielder, with the same ineffective results as with the bold Bob all those years ago.

With Killie and Thistle winning this has been a bad, bad day at the office for us and we are in serious danger of relegation again this season, only we might not be so lucky this time around as we'll have no Stuart McCall led side to come up against in the playoffs if we are lucky enough to finish 11th.

Believe me, I'm far from gutted. That was a shite game no matter what end you were sitting in.

We're shite. We'll be in the relegation battle again this season for definite. And we don't even have Tony Straker here for hilarity purposes :( .

Tbh, I'm not really making it to games anymore.Might as well f**k off and become a full time armchair York/Grenada fan.

Those early kick offs always result in a flat game and flat atmosphere, today being a prime example, we won without excelling but never really looked liked conceding either, main tactic seemed to be to generally fanny about with the ball on the edge of Motherwell's penalty area all day.

On a sadder note I saw a Celtic fan getting CPR from paramedics on the ground behind one of the exits after the game, guy looked in a bad way. Anyone know of his condition or if he made it?

Archived