Squad For Next Campaign

Guest DAVIDB69

With Norwich likely to go down although hull may come up, the championship select level of our squad looks like it will increase

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69

Its crazy a guy who's averaged 15/20 goals per season in the championship is continually overlooked.

He should have had a chance but he is the 30 by the start next season, we need to move away from the veteran dads army feel to the squad though.

Would imagine our squad would probably would be among the highest average age in europe

He should have had a chance but he is the 30 by the start next season, we need to move away from the veteran dads army feel to the squad though.

Would imagine our squad would probably would be among the highest average age in europe

Yeah, we should definitely be looking to younger players. His record in the past 5/6 years is thoroughly decent, but for whatever reason it hasn't happened internationally.

Scoring goals has been a problem for a while, so i just find it bizarre he's not been included more often.

Don't agree with that at all. Infact I think that's mental..

How can we afford to overlook a goal scorer and that's what McCormack is. Aswell as that he's also one of the most technically gifted players we have who can create out of nothing, similar to Snodgrass.

This is coming from someone who's a regular viewer of the Championship, Ross McCormack is one of our best players yet Strachan doesn't choose him? fucking insane if you ask me.

One thing I do agree with is the average age of the squad should be younger, but that doesn't mean dropping our older players who are far better than the younger equivalent. We should be introducing youngsters, but not filling a squad with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Not trawling through 5 pages to see if anyone is calling for Arfield to get a look in, he has just posted on his Facebook a Canadian passport which he qualifies for through his dad's family. A decent player slipped through the net I think but I would be biased having grown up with him.

Don't agree with that at all. Infact I think that's mental..

How can we afford to overlook a goal scorer and that's what McCormack is. Aswell as that he's also one of the most technically gifted players we have who can create out of nothing, similar to Snodgrass.

This is coming from someone who's a regular viewer of the Championship, Ross McCormack is one of our best players yet Strachan doesn't choose him? fucking insane if you ask me.

One thing I do agree with is the average age of the squad should be younger, but that doesn't mean dropping our older players who are far better than the younger equivalent. We should be introducing youngsters, but not filling a squad with them.

Fully agree, and I think McCormack would fit into the system well as a wide player.   

Anya----Maloney-----McCormack 

-----------Fletcher-------------------

Might be our top 4. 

Martin and Ritchie are dross.  

Fully agree, and I think McCormack would fit into the system well as a wide player.

Anya----Maloney-----McCormack

-----------Fletcher-------------------

Might be our top 4.

Martin and Ritchie are dross.

Fit Snodgrass and Naismith crack the team over Maloney and Fletch

Guest DAVIDB69

Watching middlesborough v hull just now gives idea where we are lots of potential Scotland players involved but the standard is competent but no where near what is required to be competitive at international level

Our championship select squads are playing for these teams for a reason they aren't good enough for better teams and they are certainly not good enough to get Scotland higher placing in qualifying groups

Archived