Christmas

4everblue

I was going to say you're surprising literate on here for being 5, but then you f**cked up the simple task of typing '28th'...

My five year old could've typed that properly! :lol:

"surprising literate" ...

I was going to say you're surprising literate on here for being 5, but then you f**cked up the simple task of typing '28th'..

My five year old could've typed that properly! :lol:

Eyesight fading,old age ????

Monday 28th and Monday 4th will both be public holidays. Would be excellent if they were used as match days.

No reason why not, I remember Scottish cup ties being played on 2nd january (thursday) in the late 50's. If clubs were to ask for a game that day and opponents could be found them I'm sure league secretaries would be happy to oblige.

No reason why not, I remember Scottish cup ties being played on 2nd january (thursday) in the late 50's. If clubs were to ask for a game that day and opponents could be found them I'm sure league secretaries would be happy to oblige.

Agreed 100% and I've been at a few of these festive games In the past and it's been really busy .

Not 100% sure but we played away to neilston a good few years ago and it was a wee baw hair away from Xmas ( maybe even Xmas eve although unsure) .

It was a great crowd and people sometimes forget that these festive fixtures are the only chance for people who were avid junior fans of yesteryear and who return " home" from afar during the festive period to see family and friends, it's a great chance for them to get out in the fresh air and to see their junior club at least once per year . :)

Also during the festive period the regular fans can go stir crazy being stuck in the house and constantly drinking and eating , a good bit of fresh air and a Match is great to break it up for me . :)

Christmas is for holiday s,,,,cotter chills then

I was talking about post New Year, everyone is heartily sick of staying in and being annoyed by kids/wife/dogs, etc. in any order you care to choose and would be glad to get out to a game.

Only snag might be getting officials to take rthe games though.

What about the main people in this the players who are on holiday and have family commitments , , plus the weather always postpones games two week shut down

Are they the main people? We're playing the game at semi professional level and the punters are the main people for me. One of the reasons the game looks amateur in terms of its organisation is because the punter is often the last consideration after everyone else has been asked. If players don't fancy it then they can go back to playing 5s with their mates.

Are they the main people? We're playing the game at semi professional level and the punters are the main people for me. One of the reasons the game looks amateur in terms of its organisation is because the punter is often the last consideration after everyone else has been asked. If players don't fancy it then they can go back to playing 5s with their mates.

Exactly and if the players don't fancy it then they could hand their wages back for the weeks they don't fancy playing .

You maybe right if there's no fans no game but no players no game so give the boys a break probably find most games will get cancelled and players would have to give things up before knowing that it is only junior football remember

Archived