Central select game today!

Username1234

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me mate it was a good team performance. They all worked hard and they seemed to be in it together. I think there is more to come from them as a footballing side as I have seen better performances throughout the other games. I thought the back 4 were impressive. Boy mcauley got about well and the centre forward was a real handful and won every ball. Your thoughts?

Good mate. Wasn't a lot of great football played. Was a day for maybe a more direct approach but the boys from central were definitely the better squad and definitely desrved a convincing win. I'm not saying that was Ayrshires strongest squad though but they will have to recruit in order to compete with central in next game as I feel they got off lightly today.

Starting 11 geo87 via central Twitter

Hollis (postal Utd)

Peebles (Colville)

Dickson (haldane)

Mcgowan captain (bannock burn)

Gallagher (pollok)

Mclean (EK)

Currie (st pats)

Matthews (drum chapel ams)

Mcauley (Colville)

McPherson (haldane)

Preston (stedfast)

With the exception of Connell and maybe the Clark Drive boys I'd say none of that Ayrshire team would play if it wasn't for certain politics. Mullen, Frizzell, knapp, joe gold and guys like that should be in the set up. Maybe they are not interested which is a shame and kind of makes a mockery of the whole select format as CSAFL seem to have top players at their disposal and willing to represent the league that they play in. It's been all to Cliquey in Ayrshire recently and maybe it needs a respected name within the county to take charge and try and get the best Ayrshire players playing for the select and possibly their Country aswell

Archived