Cowdenbeath v Arbroath

onecowden

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If tickets were at 20 pounds and a 20k crowd that's 400k to be split 50 50 between the teams making 200k.

Massive for the club this Saturday which I will have to miss due to work commitments.

I really hope we do it as this could be the financial lift our club needs.

We are capable of doing it but if we don't there are huge question marks over our players and the Manager.

The fans and Directors are playing their part with various initiatives to keep this club alive now it's over to the team on Saturday.

How much for kids tickets though...Maybe a fiver with a paying adult.

They had 22000 or so v St Mirren on Saturday and that was a cup semi final (on the telly mind you) I reckon you would get about 20000 although it depends if its on the telly which would give either Cowden or Arbroath another £82500.

Last time we played them in the Scottish Cup was on a Saturday without TV and the crowd was 29000 or so and they had a good team then.

Would make over 100k surely. Funnily enough the roof fall aim was for fans to try and raise 100k to help the club. Or the players can raise this in 90 mins by beating a lower league team.

I would make it 15 at the gate for the cup tie and try to get a big crowd, but knowing our cup record we will lose the replay anyway.

5-0

The Rangers team that day would walk the premier league now.

I was at that game. We took through a very decent support. Scored first but it was rightly chalked off. This was during the era when Rangers were bringing in star players from the English top flight. Even so, we still didn't take the pumpings we have had away to Hearts and bucking Peterhead.

I was at that game. We took through a very decent support. Scored first but it was rightly chalked off. This was during the era when Rangers were bringing in star players from the English top flight. Even so, we still didn't take the pumpings we have had away to Hearts and bucking Peterhead.

Was a good support yeah.

To be honest Rangers were only in 2nd gear that day. Don't think Trevor Steven broke sweat.

Looking forward to Saturday now, bit on incentive to this game.

Just remembered from Saturday just past that there were maybe 8 or 9 cowden fans in the Arbroath end first half and were absolutely seething with rage when the wifey steward telt them to shift. The neep in the stone island was particularly fuming. Maybe waiting to see if we were moving at half time.......

Good day out in Cowden, sat in that crossed guns for the afternoon quality wee boozer. Heard different stories about Partners...

Not overly confident for saturday but hopefully the boys are doing shooting at training this week, missing far too many chances.

Hopefully you're not one of them. No offence.

This hope all the trains from Aberdeen heading south on Saturday are cancelled and none of our Aberdeen based fans are daft enough to offer him a lift!

:lol: Cheers guys. Sadly I'll be missing Saturdays match - going against the wishes of our wonderful chairman here although I'm sure he'd understand!

Looking forward to Saturday now, bit on incentive to this game.

Just remembered from Saturday just past that there were maybe 8 or 9 cowden fans in the Arbroath end first half and were absolutely seething with rage when the wifey steward telt them to shift. The neep in the stone island was particularly fuming. Maybe waiting to see if we were moving at half time.......

Good day out in Cowden, sat in that crossed guns for the afternoon quality wee boozer. Heard different stories about Partners...

Not overly confident for saturday but hopefully the boys are doing shooting at training this week, missing far too many chances.

I didn't realise there was segregation at Gayfield for Arbroath v Cowden. Will this be the case on Saturday?

Archived