Cowdenbeath v Arbroath

onecowden

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some photographs from a very, very wet Central Park

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157659453373443

I didn't see it, but if our fans did let of a smoke bomb I feel a little bit let down. I think our support on the road is one of the best, but after the banner at Brora as a protest of the untrue accusations that the media made after the Montrose match, well if it did happen today, it really just makes everyone look very stupid.

Nobody would ever do it at home as they would probably be banned for life, so show a little respect for other grounds.

Support the team, but don't be dicks. Heaven knows there is enough of them in football, and on these forums.

I didn't see it, but if our fans did let of a smoke bomb I feel a little bit let down. I think our support on the road is one of the best, but after the banner at Brora as a protest of the untrue accusations that the media made after the Montrose match, well if it did happen today, it really just makes everyone look very stupid.

Nobody would ever do it at home as they would probably be banned for life, so show a little respect for other grounds.

Support the team, but don't be dicks. Heaven knows there is enough of them in football, and on these forums.

Cracking photos mate. It was a terrible day but somehow these photos make the game look a whole lot different. Summer football for me. Also well said about the smoke bomb fiasco.

A little let down?

The same folk that turn up every week?. You turn up every week then!

Have to agree letting off smoke bombs is unacceptable and nothing to do with supporting the team or the football on the pitch. No idea who let it off though could have easily been a one off fan rather than a regular.

Quality pics. 10 out of 10.

Game yesterday reminded me of the time played in similar conditions at Gayfield in January 95. Howling gale (as expected!) but with heavy driving rain.

I was in the enclosure opposite the stand and watched as a flag pole at the side of the stand snapped with the wind. After the game Barry McMahon (uncle of Greig Spence had to get his boots cut off as they were more or less stuck to his feet due to them being that wet.

Had we not been winning 3-0 that afternoon I think the ref would have abandoned it worse conditions I've stood in during a game!

I'd go with the same XI next week, unless Stewart or Cecilia return to fitness because I really don't rate Gold. Wilson really coming onto a game after his poor start and Ricky was tremendous Saturday. Jury still out on Rutherford for me, not sure what to think of him.

Archived