Stenhousemuir -vs- Peterhead

We are such a maddening side. A half decent keeper and centre half means we would have a team challenging for promotion.

First half I thought Peterhead were nothing special at all. We gifted the three goals. Barclay might have saved the first, and no doubt he should have stopped the free kick. And as for Malcolm, hugely disappointing from day 1.

Right from the start of the 2nd there was a hint that we might get something. Created loads of chances we did actually get the second goal. Scotland takes the plaudits but I thought Jamie McCormack did well and shout out to Ants Marenghi. Barely kicked a ball all season but came on and brought some composure to the midfield replacing a disappointing Stirling. Considering our season looked to be about to implode at 3.30 this afternoon , that was a massive result.

Aye, Bomber got his substitutes bang on today. Anthony Marenghi was pretty classy during his cameo performance and Carlos Manzana-Martinex did a good job of carrying the ball forward when Peterhead were pushing for an equaliser. His run upfield that saw him beat three people was lovely.

Don't think there was a lot Jamie Barclay could have done about the first goal, he looked like he was at full stretch when Rory McAllister struck. I agree with your comments on Stuart Malcolm though. Looks like he's struggling to keep up at this level.

Totally delighted with the result today and it was certainly needed.We can,t however kid ourselves that we have suddenly turned the corner.We have absolutely no composure when defending and the goals we lose are shocking.Everybody works their socks off so for me we just need to calm down and show some confidence.Shelling long high balls forward doesn,t work but when we hit passes to feet we look a completely different side.Jason Scotland,take a bow mate,class.

Our defence has been consistent this season.

Consistently poor. We have only had the same back 4 in something like 4 games, and I think that is the root of our problems. Jim has no problem playing the same front 2, and middle 4 when he can but the back 4 changing all the time. Not that we have been shipping loads of goals but all teams should build from the back and I don't think we can.

Consistently poor. We have only had the same back 4 in something like 4 games, and I think that is the root of our problems. Jim has no problem playing the same front 2, and middle 4 when he can but the back 4 changing all the time. Not that we have been shipping loads of goals but all teams should build from the back and I don't think we can.

Exactly. The defence has conceded in 10 league games out of 12. Consistently poor.

Is McInally not under any pressure up there?

From afar, you seem to be a club just content to drift along despite having potential (on the park at least) for so much better.

Peterhead were by some distance the best team to visit Somerset this season. Which rather sums you up.

From afar, you seem to be a club just content to drift along despite having potential (on the park at least) for so much better.

Peterhead were by some distance the best team to visit Somerset this season. Which rather sums you up.

I haven't heard anyone calling for Jim to quit. We drew with Ayr away, beat Dunfermline at home and won 4-0 at Stranraer. Then we go and lose at home to Brechin and let a 3 goal lead slip away at Stenny. It's a funny old game.

Not any real pressure. Behind the scenes I don't know. We have a bigger squad this season and play offs was a pre season aim but I think he is OK were he is now. Come the new year if we aren't improving that might not be the case then but I think going by his record we are probably right to stick with him and not panic yet.

Aye they looked good goals, Rory's hat trick wasn't too shabby either. Our defending was dire though looking at those highlights, Scotland had 3 players around him for that 3 goal and he still got his shot away, and his first was the opposite not a blue shirt to be seen anywhere near him for a tap in. Poor kick from Smith as well for the first goal but that was some finish to lob him.

Aye they looked good goals, Rory's hat trick wasn't too shabby either. Our defending was dire though looking at those highlights, Scotland had 3 players around him for that 3 goal and he still got his shot away, and his first was the opposite not a blue shirt to be seen anywhere near him for a tap in. Poor kick from Smith as well for the first goal but that was some finish to lob him.

Watched the highlights back again and as good as Jason Scotland's first goal is, the defending from Scott Ross is shocking. Ross holds up Scotland pretty well before the striker pops the ball off to Kieran Millar, but then he completely switches off and takes his eyes off the man, allowing Scotland to move into the six-yard box unchallenged. By the time Colin McMenamin squares the ball, it's too late - Scotland has all the time in the world to take a touch beyond Ross's desperate tackle and poke it into the net. Dreadful stuff. I'd be embarrassed to lose a goal like that at five-a-sides.

Watched the highlights back again and as good as Jason Scotland's first goal is, the defending from Scott Ross is shocking. Ross holds up Scotland pretty well before the striker pops the ball off to Kieran Millar, but then he completely switches off and takes his eyes off the man, allowing Scotland to move into the six-yard box unchallenged. By the time Colin McMenamin squares the ball, it's too late - Scotland has all the time in the world to take a touch beyond Ross's desperate tackle and poke it into the net. Dreadful stuff. I'd be embarrassed to lose a goal like that at five-a-sides.

Aye this is our problem. Apart from Saturday we haven't been shipping goals but the ones we do concede always seem to be so avoidable, can't seem to get the basics right. Scotland looks like he will be a handful in this league though, should be a good signing for you.

Aye this is our problem. Apart from Saturday we haven't been shipping goals but the ones we do concede always seem to be so avoidable, can't seem to get the basics right. Scotland looks like he will be a handful in this league though, should be a good signing for you.

Very much like ourselves. We've played Peterhead three times this season, shipping eight goals, and I reckon all of them could have been avoided. Look at the goals on Saturday - while Rory McAllister's first was very well taken, he should never have been given all that space to waltz into. His dink to take the ball away from Stuart Malcolm's tackle and onto his left foot was so simple. Our goalkeeper should have done better with the free-kick and goodness knows what Malcolm was thinking when he jumped into tackle McAllister for the penalty.

Scoring goals hasn't really been a problem for us - only three clubs in the division have more - but our defending has been hopeless this year.

Archived