Moral dilemmas

banana

Moral/ethical dilemmas  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah there is a difference, but it's subtle.

If we throw in the survival rates for transplant patients then number 3 gets even easier than it already is. Anyone who is murdering the poor fucker is a psychopath.

And who the f**k would leave their kids to die? That's not a difficult choice either.

I get your point about the transplant and survival rates, but by changing the track you are killing that one person. Just as you would be with the traveller getting sliced up.

As for the wife & kids scenario. I'd probably stay with them, you could tread water if you can swim so you'd be last to go. Then you'd just let yourself drown I guess.

Seriously? The thought of my wife not only drowning, but in her last moments of life seeing me leave her to suffer her fate alone is harrowing. I would rather die. Couldn't live with that thought.

If I was in your wife's shoes I certainly know what I would do. Drown you myself and swim ashore.

Except you would probably last a couple of strokes, gasp for breath from all those fags you smoke, then drown.

In fact you've probably got cancer anyway.

I can indeed confirm that I am not one of the minority of smokers who have contracted cancer in their lives, but I'm sure one day in the future cancer will wish itself on you, if not from bad luck, then as punishment for your crippling stupidity.

Seriously? The thought of my wife not only drowning, but in her last moments of life seeing me leave her to suffer her fate alone is harrowing. I would rather die. Couldn't live with that thought.

You can hug/kiss them goodbye though, right?

The scenario is a bit difficult to conceive of as in almost no set of circumstances could your prospects be so definitely knowable that you could make it alone, but none of the others could and you couldn't also help them to shore.

If there were any doubt, as in any real world situation there would be, I would attempt to drag them to shore with me. If I knew no matter what I did that they wouldn't surive but that my chances were drastically higher alone, of course I'd go it alone. Why give them the dying guilt of probably also knowing that I gave up my life just to watch them inhale seawater? That's a pretty cruel thing to leave them with.

1, Swim for shore, decent chance of making it. - Bitch look at my swimming badges, all that hard work being forced to do shit like butterfly that no c**t has any use for and you want me to drown? BYE

2, Don't pull lever, train continues on -Unless there is only 1 train a day then all 6 will die at some point in the day anyway, may as well get the big one out the way first. BYE ALL OF YOU

3, Don't harvest organs - f**k them. BYE

Archived