Sons v Wasps

microdave

Interesting u say. Ur point is. The ref used commonsense it was probably playable when he was on the usual standside touchline was a bit of a state. He had been checking the met office forecast and it was very bleak. He was willing to leave it until the official ref turned up but after consulting Alloa they wanted a decision there and then and we're happy for it to be called off. 20 mins later there was puddles everywhere and the ball was moving all over the park on its own. Then the William Hill advertising boards ended up flying into the net and getting smashed to pieces. Is that interesting enough for you.

Lies

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the decision to call it off is 100% the correct one. I'm astounded we're the only postponed tie in the round if I'm honest, I expected a fair few casualties.

The rain over the last couple of weeks has been relentless, there was only so long the park could cope with draining that amount of water.

Absolutely the correct decision to call the game off. The conditions would have made the game a farce even if the park was in a good enough state to play. The decision was made early - would fans have preferred the game to be called off at half 1 when folk were already on their way?

Official used common sense to make the early decision.

If it's on, obviously I hope we win, but I can't say I have nearly the same desire to see us win as I did for Saturday.

I was checking the score frantically on Saturday and was delighted with the result. This is a bit more 'meh' for me to be honest.

Of course I hope we win and progress, and it might have a further negative impact on Alloa's morale to be on the end of a second defeat to us in the space of a few days, but the league game was the crucial one, this is much less so.

It'll be interesting how Aitken approaches it with regards to line-up, with another massive league game at the weekend looming.

Can't see this being on.

Nope, it's rained almost non stop since it was first scheduled. I'd want this called off to allow the pitch to recover for the far more important match on Saturday...assuming that's possible.

Also it being called off but Saturday being on would let me get to 160 consecutive games!

Nope, it's rained almost non stop since it was first scheduled. I'd want this called off to allow the pitch to recover for the far more important match on Saturday...assuming that's possible.

Also it being called off but Saturday being on would let me get to 160 consecutive games!

Actually, the pitch down there holds up pretty well other than being affected by the adjacent tidal movements in extreme weather. I've read recently that high tide is around 1.30pm tomorrow afternoon so if it's not dreadful around then I suppose there's a fair chance of the tie going ahead.

I'm not feeling too optimistic about this game. We are currently woeful. I'd change things up and give others a chance. Knowing our luck it'll be 0-0 if it goes ahead

Is it £18 to get in tomorrow?

Crawford

Hetherington

Marr(if fit)

Reintam

Williams

Doyle (Paun if Marr isn't fit and push Doyle back in CB)

Flanny

Crawford

Duffy

McMannus

Hynd

If this is called off again when would we need to reschedule for? Am I right in saying the cup takes priority over league?

I doubt it considering we played a league game on Saturday. It may have to be played before a certain date though which might force us to play it this Saturday which in turn could create problems for the club with hospitality etc. Here's hoping it would just be moved to next Tuesday.

If it were to be postponed again, I'd really hope we could make an agreement that the next Tuesday would be the date. I'd imagine the league is the priority for Alloa as well as ourselves, so it'd be a real shame and annoyance if we had to re-schedule a vital Saturday game against St.Mirren (and miss out on the hospitality as mentioned above) for a cup tie of this magnitude.

Archived