Huntly V Lothian

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With LTHV looking good to go through, will this cup run provide enough funds to sort their ground problems out? Shame that they seem stuck in EOS?

What kind of crowds do normal games attract for you?

And do you spend much on wages as opposed to upgrading the ground etc for licensing requirements?

dreadful crowds I here average of about 20 last season and as for wages why else would players who are too good for EOS STAY

dreadful crowds I here average of about 20 last season and as for wages why else would players who are too good for EOS STAY

It's a stepping stone for hutchie so that when they get to under 19s there is that extra 'level' if u like to test themselves. Although like most of you say and players say it is dying.

For an "amateur" team to get this far is surely a great achievement is there an automatic entry spot if they get any further rather than having to win the league again?

There is no 'wildcard' entry if you get a certain way through the competition... in any case qualifiers have made the Last 32 before e.g. Linlithgow Rose (before gaining SFA membership), Irvine Meadow and Auchinleck Talbot. I don't think any qualifier has made the Last 16 so that would be a new level of success, tbf.

As things stand they will have to retain the EOS League or get their SFA membership and club licence (which would open up entry to LL of course), to reappear in 2016-17. It's an 'occupational hazard' of not meeting the criteria.

The club definitely wants to join the lowland league but that is not going to be easy. Even this run won't go anywhere near the income levels needed.

agreed but its a catch 22 ,

spend all the money on players = no Facilities = win league - last 2 years

don't spend = maybe facilities = not win league

perhaps short sighted but that's upto lothian

I think the money they spend on wages wouldn't come anywhere near covering ground improvement costs. The club pretty much runs at cost and with a poor support its not easy to change that but I guess they think they are as well just spending the cash they do have on giving the players as much as possible..which won't be much.

I agree they need to do something off the park though. It's up to them to capitalise on these good times on the park.

How much money do they need to give though if majority are players coming through from their youth teams?

Do they ever make any money off their players?

Its when players like jaimie butler where on £800 sign on fees makes u wonder...

How much money do they need to give though if majority are players coming through from their youth teams?

Do they ever make any money off their players?

Lothian? Would imagine players are all on one year deals so no.

They lost 5 players to a lowland league club last year I remember reading (sorry can't remember which one), would they have got any compo for them?

Sorry for all daft questions - just curious to find out about their setup (and any other non league sides with a good track record of bringing through players)

Archived