Hearts v Aberdeen

Dunty

Thought it was a class cup tie from two good sides.

Hearts started the way they did a few season back and blew Aberdeen away at times.

Second half was more even but the correct side is in the next round.

Must be hard for Aberdeen having your season over at the start of Jan.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost calmed down then heard the news about ward and back into meltdown mode.

In all seriousness well done hearts. Big thing for me is hearts have learned from every time they've played us this season as can be seen from each performance.

With ward gone we are in a very bad place now and praying that mcinnes has a trick up his sleeve in this window as I am now very concerned.

Almost calmed down then heard the news about ward and back into meltdown mode.

In all seriousness well done hearts. Big thing for me is hearts have learned from every time they've played us this season as can be seen from each performance..

Not playing inexplicable volleyball moves in our penalty area in the dying minutes was a particularly important lesson

What did Neilson actually motion on the touchline? I haven't seen it.

He regularly gives it the "calm it down" gesture, though. Maybe folk looking too much into it?

I think the cameras catching him clearly mouthing 'stay down' was the nail in his moral coffin to be honest

Read both managers post match comments now. Difficult to argue with either.

Let's be honest, Aberdeen don't have a great record at Tynecastle and yesterday was an obvious example of why. Hearts generally don't give a f**k how they win but they do win battles first. Yip, it's not pretty but Aberdeen could learn a wee bit from the attitude. Hearts use every trick in the book and the Dons didn't play well enough to have an answer. Do Hearts or their fans care how they won? Wouldn't have thought so. Neilson doesn't apologise for Hearts's style and tactics and why should he? He spent years playing for a side who always battled really well, played on the edge and with a lot of success.

Yes, I would've liked the ref to come down on the time wasting more but Aberdeen had enough time and enough ball to take something from the game but weren't tough enough and didn't play well enough.

Our one really good chance fell to Considine who was the worst player on show yesterday.

I always thought the first goal was crucial. It gave Hearts something to really dig in for. Had Aberdeen scored first Hearts's indiscipline may have kicked in as it often does.

For what it's worth I hope Hearts do well in the tourney now as they're probably the only team left who could have a chance of stopping Celtic.

Well that was a load of pish!

Well that was a load of pish!

Yep.

Hearts were physical and they were entitled to be, blah, blah, blah. As if we played no football whatsoever, Djoum, Sow and Nicholson had Aberdeen rattled and done it through playing some great stuff at times.

A special mention to Pallardo as well, could easily have been a liability after his early card but he was excellent after that and timed everything brilliantly.

Archived