Who is the richest team in amateur football?

MangoBroccoli

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Waverly well. Big boy in middle from Irvine, Gerry maybe? who's dad ran the team was some player.

Used to love playing on the slope in Troon.

Pretty sure his name second was Lawless! A knew Ed who used to run it and his boy played for that team.

Aye, remember playing down that way aswell, changing rooms were like an auld fashioned jail cell. Lol

Aye lol. Terrible changing rooms, massive slope and always had a strong wind as its quite open.

Seen a few shots go over the railway line. Lol.

That's it, Eddie Lawless. His sons nickname was Gravy. What a player. My dad helped run it with Eddie for a season or two.

Big Gravy was playing with Irvine Town past few seasons, not sure if he is still though.

Cracking big player and guy.

The richest teams are the ones who's players turn up every week and pay their money to play the game, then go out get pissed with their players and coaches afterwards! That's amateur football and the teams that have that are richer than any of the cheats

Haha, someone full of drink and the Christmas spirit.

The richest teams are the ones who's players turn up every week and pay their money to play the game, then go out get pissed with their players and coaches afterwards! That's amateur football and the teams that have that are richer than any of the cheats

Brilliant post, one of the best this year.

The Jets ran from approx 91-2005, got to the Ayrshire Cup Final in 94 and were beaten 1-0 by Knockentiber with a goal by a guy called Tich Draper , sadly The Jets central defence that night {Sconie and Fergie} are no longer with us, go watch the Kilbirnie Ams sometimes and players fundraise every week to pay for kit,training etc.- the way it should be

Colville biggest . And that's from a player gettin his pockets lined with5⃣0⃣,s

what shite u talk dan I personally watched colville boys pay when I took in the knockentiber game £10 each and 3 got fined £5 for being late just a we'll run club mate

Never mind the cheating aspect because if an 'Amateur' side has had to pay players to win silverware do they get the same satisfaction knowing that A) you had an unfair advantage B. you had players playing for you purely for the money and not for club?

I'd hate to think teams are paying players in the amateur ranks

Archived