Auchinleck Talbot v Troon

Troon Fc

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see young Mark Curragh make his debut for us today against Talbot. At 17 years old it was a great welcome to Junior football!

All of the outfield subs for us today were U20s, a talented bunch of young footballers!

Is that another boy from your own youth setup?? Plenty players stepped up from last seasons 19s. The boy Ewart we got is arguably one of our best players!

Respect to troon today for me one of the best football playing sides in the league n as mentioned the younger lads didn't look out their depth ,you won't get it easy playing them home or away am glad Forsyth doesn't have hurlfords kean beside him only criticism I can make ,took in their scottish cup tie recently n when they switched to a 4-4-2 looked a different a animal .

And went top of the league.

Well done Talbot.

Couldn't agree more QL as posted on scores n scorers IMO best league performance of the season taking in to consideration that unlike hurlford game where we had to pile forward chasing the game today we bossed it n were in total control against a decent footballing side not 1 who can play ,but choose to dive in and around the box looking to exploit set pieces.well done talbot n Tucker n Alan tactics spot on ,peewee motm n not just for the goals great battle with spenny.

Troon have played 9 games and lost 5. Can we please stop this nonsense.

And we've won 4, which as many as Hurlford and more than Shettleston, Beith, Kilbirnie, Petershill, Arthurlie & Medda. Your statistic merely highlights inconsistency. On our day we have proved ourselves to be capable of beating anybody, we just have to work on being more consistent with that.

Personally, I'd be delighted with top 3. Which is extremely achievable with the fantastic squad we have available.

Caught the last ten minutes of the first half and the all the second half of this game, must admit the second half was awful plenty of huffing and puffing but little else, Talbot had one shot of note from Latta that forced a great save from Semple, Troon had a couple of decent chances but that was about it.

Just to add what is going through tuckers head bringing on Gillies before Shankland and Love if truth be told Gillies is done he offered nothing even Collins beat him for pace, if I were the lad Love and saw a 33 year old who is by his sell by date getting on before me I think I'd be looking elsewhere for a game, then again maybe that's what the Talbot management want.

talbot play the high ball all the time so to play robert love they need to play to his strengths and change the team a bit to keep the ball on the ground,

robert is 1 of the best controllers of the ball on the deck, his downside is that he`s only 4ft tall ;)

talbot play the high ball all the time so to play robert love they need to play to his strengths and change the team a bit to keep the ball on the ground,

robert is 1 of the best controllers of the ball on the deck, his downside is that he`s only 4ft tall ;)

Wont argue about Talbot and the long high ball game, so why chase a player who doesn't fit that style if all the stories are true tucker was after Love for long enough, before managing to sign him. According to all the Talbot fans I speak to the lad had a great game at Tranent recently and hasn't played since, something doesn't sit right here, no harm to Davie Gillies he was a fantastic player first time round for Talbot but his time has came and went boys like Shankland and Love are Talbot's present and future.

Talbot management team got it absolutely spot on yesterday,a couple of decent goals and a cracking job by the whole team in the last half hour to shut up shop. Always a pleasure to watch quality players like Spence,Keenan...Troon will hopefully stay up and give their youngsters the chance to continue to improve and gain more experience at this level next season.

Archived