Linlithgow v Forfar

FuzzyBear

If you truly believe that you don't understand the mentality of junior football. A junior cup final is a way bigger game than playing Forfar in a competition neither club is ever going to win, so the Meadow game is the route to the main prize. What a club like Rose are really hoping for out of the Scottish Cup is a game against the Old Firm, Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen rather than a midweek jaunt to Station Park.

Yir spot on lurker, but its not only junior teams that enter the competition that dreams of the big game against the old firm, BIG teams like Forfar fall into this catagory

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you truly believe that you don't understand the mentality of junior football. A junior cup final is a way bigger game than playing Forfar in a competition neither club is ever going to win, so the Meadow game is the route to the main prize. What a club like Rose are really hoping for out of the Scottish Cup is a game against the Old Firm, Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen rather than a midweek jaunt to Station Park.

If the Meadow game is "bigger" what kind of attendance are we talking ??

And a bigger club .....

In all seriousness do they not only get 200-300 through the gate every week at much cheaper prices than Forfar? There's having a joke then there is going too far. The lowest average attendance in the seniors by a mile is at the Shire and even then I'm sure they're still about 350. There's not one single club out with the seniors that any junior club are bigger than, that's just cold hard facts i'm afraid that have been provided by HibeeJibee time and time again.

The only time you become relevant is when you're in with the big boys Scottish cup.

Most people outwith Linlithgow Rose know the formulas to calculate their attendances:

For an average juniors match -

Whatever they say the attendance is, subtract 50.

For a juniors match v Bo'ness -

Whatever they say the attendance is, add 100.

For a big Scottish Cup game -

Whatever they say the attendance is, subtract 100.

Sure this goes on at grounds everywhere to be honest, do you not have to pay tax on every person through the gate?

We're all diddies at the end of the day, but I don't think it's fair for a Rose fan to be saying Forfar are bigger diddies than Irvine. Bit disrespectful. ;)

In all seriousness do they not only get 200-300 through the gate every week at much cheaper prices than Forfar? There's having a joke then there is going too far. The lowest average attendance in the seniors by a mile is at the Shire and even then I'm sure they're still about 350. There's not one single club out with the seniors that any junior club are bigger than, that's just cold hard facts i'm afraid that have been provided by HibeeJibee time and time again.

The only time you become relevant is when you're in with the big boys Scottish cup.

Linlithgow will regularly attract around the 3-400 mark on a good week. Like all teams this can vary depending on weather/holidays etc. On average I would suggest we will take 100-150 to away games.

For bigger games (Bo'ness and Scottish Cups) our crowd would head towards 1000. Against both Wick and Forfar the game probably attracted a lot of people who attend one-off games and the ground hoppers/other local junior fans.

Tomorrow there will probably be around 500 basically as a result of the previous game giving people optimism and again it's a big one-off game.

Why people tend to watch the juniors? - decent competitive standards/local games and cheaper that senior football.

...The lowest average attendance in the seniors by a mile is at the Shire and even then I'm sure they're still about 350. There's not one single club out with the seniors that any junior club are bigger than, that's just cold hard facts i'm afraid that have been provided by HibeeJibee time and time again.

Pollok have averaged in the 600-700 range in recent years, so that argument doesn't stand up to close inspection even without getting into pedantry over what senior actually means. I'd also be wary of official attendance stats at the SPFL level. In the past they were sometimes inflated by adding in stuff like unused comp tickets. I'm not sure if that practice still happens or not, but I have been at plenty of East Stirling games where I counted the crowd as being in double digits and it was given as 200 or so the next day in the Sunday Post.

1 day until the Rose get boxed up again until next year

Just imagine if your team fail to produce (as they have done most of this season) how embarrassing it will be to go out to the lowest ranked team left in the competition......!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too many crowd wankers in here . Who gives a flying f**k how many folk were there

Whereas you Sir are just a W_ N_E_

Forfar are somewhere between 1/2 and 3/10 with the bookies for a reason. They're a league 1 team at home to a junior team. They would be a lot shorter but they're shite for the level they play at. They should still win but Morton maybe thought that last season when Spartans dumped them. Morton were shite too. I hope we can just dish out the gubbing and then you can move on with trying to stay up.

A wee note to say we've already played QoS and Raith at this stage of the cup, you this is the third biggest game in our history if you are being pedantic.

Spartans was bigger too. This is well down the list even in Scottish cup terms.

Archived