Linlithgow v Forfar

FuzzyBear

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official statement:

"On behalf of FAFC I'd like to apologise to all those fans who attended our abandoned match tonight.

I want to clarify some inaccurate reporting on social media; the game was cancelled purely due to floodlight failure and nothing else.

I also want to state that FAFC do not hold Linlithgow Rose responsible for the idiots that attempted to disrupt the game with flares. It is nearly impossible to police such incidents like this inside grounds as much bigger clubs than us have found out.

I have to praise Linlithgow Rose officials who went out of their way to plead with the perpetrators to cease their actions. This incident will not be allowed to damage the great relationship between the two clubs. We will post more information in due course."

Alastair Donald (chairman)

Who else could it have been for? Is it true that there were about 80 of them on the 50 seater bus from Bo'ness?

Whilst acknowledging your wind up post a few moments ago, my comment was interpreted as a dig at Forfar. Shite happens and that's where I'd put floodlight failure. c***s ripping the pish out my club I'm not having. I wish the polis had waded in and kicked f**k out them like the old days.

My complementary ticket is not to be used in a cup game!

No hard feelings towards Forfar - not their fault. They certainly didn't want the match off.

Also, can the Rose be punished for the behaviour of people who aren't Rose fans? Forfar could just as easily be said to be culpable as they manned the gates and let them in. I'm in no way saying that Forfar should be punished but the precedents are that home teams have been punished for rowdy behaviour in their ground irrespective of which colour of scarf the offenders were wearing.

What I'm saying is that neither team should be held responsible. It has to be the individuals themselves who feel the full force of the law.

The rose won't be punished any more severely than others who have seen flares at games. It's not the issue of punishment that bothers me. It's the fact that we go for years and years with a good sporting reputation and these fucks turn up and ruin it. If we learn nothing else from our neighbours issues a few years back it's that this pish needs nipped early.

A fantastic statement from the Chairman of Forfar. He sums it up perfectly in my opinion.

Still embarrassed at the actions of a mindless few.

Up until all this it had been a great visit with the Plough Inn making the Rose fans most welcomed and we will be back next week

CLUB STATEMENT

Tonight at Forfar a group of people purporting to be Linlithgow Rose supporters disgraced the name of our football club, our community and our town. These people have no place at football with Linlithgow Rose or anyone else. We apologise to our hosts at Forfar - we are aghast at what we all saw.

The club has already started to make enquiries to identify the people involved so that we can take steps to ensure this is not repeated. If anyone has information which can help eiher the club or the police in investigating the disgraceful behaviour of these people, please share with us through a message on here or make contact directly with a committee member of the football club.

Whilst ultimately it is disappointing that the game could not go ahead this evening, such technical issues can happen to any football club at any time. We are determined there will be no repeat of the scenes tonight and will be working closely with the authorities ahead of the re-scheduled fixture. Club officials are fully aware that our true supporters - who came in their hundreds - have been absolutely embarassed by what they saw at Forfar tonight.

We are a community club first and foremost, we are rooted in the town of Linlithgow and we will always try to represent the town to the very best of our ability. Tonight some among our townsfolk let us all down very badly and we will do everything possible to ensure this doesn't happen again. As outlined above, if you can help us in any way please get in touch.

Dissapointed tonight.

Normally for the 'big' games the rose take a great young, vocal support (of whom I am one), who sing the whole game and provide a great atmosphere, espacially on a cold January night. Tonight along came 'unknown faces' and lots of real young fans like myself moved away from the area very soon after the flares came out.

The rose have great supoort within the 20-25 age group and I can only hope that in the 'big' games to come, the idiots that were there tonight leave and we can return to the hardcore of supporters who vocally support the team - and we are not all tarnished with the same brush.

Rant over

Dissapointed tonight.

Normally for the 'big' games the rose take a great young, vocal support (of whom I am one), who sing the whole game and provide a great atmosphere, espacially on a cold January night. Tonight along came 'unknown faces' and lots of real young fans like myself moved away from the area very soon after the flares came out.

The rose have great supoort within the 20-25 age group and I can only hope that in the 'big' games to come, the idiots that were there tonight leave and we can return to the hardcore of supporters who vocally support the team - and we are not all tarnished with the same brush.

Rant over

Good Rose turnout let down by that group of Fannys by the segregation fence .

I don't get how anyone older than maybe nine can get excited over letting off fireworks - I'm guessing anyone who does it at games used to be the local simple kid who got all overexcited on the run up to bonfire night and spent about a month before collecting firewood.

Archived