Linlithgow v Forfar

FuzzyBear

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant see what good registering buses is going to do, what if some guys registers a bus from say Winchburgh, with the intent to support The Rose, will they be told sorry we don't know who you are. On the other hand, if the bus has arseholes on it and its registered, your in.

I spoke to the club tonight and they are only looking for an idea on numbers travelling to the game. There was no inquisition on who is going to be on the bus or any such likes.

In my opinion it is a mere paper excercise following the last game to give the police ideas on numbers likely to attend.

No rules and regulations or any such likes.

Also does that mean the police will stop every bus from entering Forfar from say midday - kick off that isn't registered to Linlithgow rose ? Pretty uninforceable

As LTL says, the police have turned buses round in the past where they thought the contents of the bus were up for some scrapping. They've done it with a bus from Bo'ness and a bus from Bonnyrigg that I'm aware of. There may be others. And it's not that uncommon for them to set up stopping points and check football supporters buses to ensure they comply with the no alcohol regulations. Obviously if people are determined to outwit plod they will probably find a way. But for the folk who are not that desperate but would quite like to go for the banter then they may decide that the risk of going 75 miles and getting turned round would be a pain in the arse.

As LTL says, the police have turned buses round in the past where they thought the contents of the bus were up for some scrapping. They've done it with a bus from Bo'ness and a bus from Bonnyrigg that I'm aware of. There may be others. And it's not that uncommon for them to set up stopping points and check football supporters buses to ensure they comply with the no alcohol regulations. Obviously if people are determined to outwit plod they will probably find a way. But for the folk who are not that desperate but would quite like to go for the banter then they may decide that the risk of going 75 miles and getting turned round would be a pain in the arse.

Out wit the plod you say, surely you would just disguise the bus as a cattle transporter and park it at the mart.

Also does that mean the police will stop every bus from entering Forfar from say midday - kick off that isn't registered to Linlithgow rose ? Pretty unenforceable

It won't be an issue whatsoever.

Linlithgow have clearly decided to take proactive steps in making themselves fully aware of who intends to travel.

If the police wanted to stop our bus - personally I would have no issues whatsoever and would be delighted to co-operate.

It won't be an issue whatsoever.

Linlithgow have clearly decided to take proactive steps in making themselves fully aware of who intends to travel.

If the police wanted to stop our bus - personally I would have no issues whatsoever and would be delighted to co-operate.

Mind and find a place before Forfar to stop and put the bevy in the boot ;-)

Just read the Rose gaffers comments in the local press claiming the hoo-haa about the flares has just been deflection and a smokescreen (top banter) for the real issue that Forfar got off lightly over the floodlight failure and were more to blame for the farce last week.

Truly embarrassing stuff from McGlynn.

Aye and we have had floodlights since 1972 and never failed till last week so obviously we have form....Time it was forgotten and the tie settled.

Just read the Rose gaffers comments in the local press claiming the hoo-haa about the flares has just been deflection and a smokescreen (top banter) for the real issue that Forfar got off lightly over the floodlight failure and were more to blame for the farce last week.

Truly embarrassing stuff from McGlynn.

Hope they go out again on Tuesday , that will amuse him

Archived