Linlithgow v Forfar

FuzzyBear

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought big Leiper was immense last night , won everything but he was closely followed by another 10 Rose players. Considering we had 12 players to pick from a fantastic performance and result

The Rose players deserve all the plaudits. A lot of those guys don't play most weeks but to a man they were exceptional. Loved the BBC report mentioning Tyrell couldn't get a shift swap at the sausage factory! Seriously though, if some arsehole won't swap a shift to let you play in the Scottish Cup they are worth the watching.

Link?

And should seek to do so if they want to keep progressing. Don't think that's a widely shared view but maybe some are starting to shift. I've always been in the go as far as you can reach camp but I understand the opposite view.

With a bit of squad tweaking I reckon Rose could win the 2nd division title. They're certainly bigger than a few clubs in the lowest senior league.

With a bit of squad tweaking I reckon Rose could win the 2nd division title. They're certainly bigger than a few clubs in the lowest senior league.

I think a number of us have felt we're 2 or 3 players short in terms of squad size for the demands of competing on a number of fronts. We've had a couple of long term injuries, guys who have had to put work first and, last night, 3 suspensions. But none of that is unusual over the course of a season so whilst it can be frustrating for players not to get a regular game, we still probably need to manage that.

And should seek to do so if they want to keep progressing. Don't think that's a widely shared view but maybe some are starting to shift. I've always been in the go as far as you can reach camp but I understand the opposite view.

Hopefully, you seem like a forward thinking club, no reason why wouldn't progress up the tiers.

You'll be playing Ross County in the next round who probably weren't any bigger than you 25 years ago, now they're the fourth best side in Scotland!

I think a number of us have felt we're 2 or 3 players short in terms of squad size for the demands of competing on a number of fronts. We've had a couple of long term injuries, guys who have had to put work first and, last night, 3 suspensions. But none of that is unusual over the course of a season so whilst it can be frustrating for players not to get a regular game, we still probably need to manage that.

How has Ryan Baptie been playing for you? Haven't heard much about him since he went on loan.

How has Ryan Baptie been playing for you? Haven't heard much about him since he went on loan.

He's had some good moments and looked a bit short of where he needs to be at other times. But he's just a young lad and junior football at top league level is decent. He has a great left peg and if you look through the William Hill Scottish Cup 3rd Round goals of the round you'll find his 35 yard screamer. With the quality of strike on his left foot I think his distribution could be better and maybe that will come. We've liked him enough to extend his loan to the end of the season so hopefully he'll keep progressing and you'll get a better player back.

Agree over the course of the season that can happen - but this has been an issue since early on.

We have struggled to fill a bench far to often this season and one of these days it may just comeback to haunt us. Indeed can't recall many games where we have had a full bench to choose from.

Long term injuries can't be helped and clash of shifts mid-week will happen.

Last night was all the more remarkable given you were probably 3 players short of the team you would have wanted to start. I don't think we should under estimate the above and beyond performance of the players asked to fill new roles.

All I can say to rose get your Arse in gear and get in the senior leagues , one of the best selection of pubs within walking distance of the ground

Mind though your nothing special we get beat every week ,

Best of luck in the next round

Would be good to see the Rose in the senior game. Absolutely no doubt they'd be competitive but they're going into each season just now with a more than reasonable chance of silverware which would be greatly reduced at Senior level. Would majority of fans accept this?

He's had some good moments and looked a bit short of where he needs to be at other times. But he's just a young lad and junior football at top league level is decent. He has a great left peg and if you look through the William Hill Scottish Cup 3rd Round goals of the round you'll find his 35 yard screamer. With the quality of strike on his left foot I think his distribution could be better and maybe that will come. We've liked him enough to extend his loan to the end of the season so hopefully he'll keep progressing and you'll get a better player back.

Ryan struggled a bit at first but has come on massively in last few months. Had another great game last night.

Cheers folks. We have been short on defenders this season so it seemed a bit strange loaning him out. Sounds like he is not quite there yet though, but I guess as you say he will hopefully continue to develop.

Cheers folks. We have been short on defenders this season so it seemed a bit strange loaning him out. Sounds like he is not quite there yet though, but I guess as you say he will hopefully continue to develop.

We have had a few young boys on loan over the seasons and a lot of them struggle because they're not physically strong enough. Rocco Quinn's brother Dario is the last one I can think of that looked the part but he went back to Motherwell and I don't know if he still plays anywhere.

Archived