Pollok v Talbot

Chis

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought a draw would have been a fair result, but Pollok did well to weather the Talbot storm after dominating the first half hour. The result makes the top of the division a wee bit more interesting. Good on wee McInally for what he's accomplished so far.

What exactly do you mean by what he's done? I would agree if you say the teams improved but he's spent a lot of money doing it no? I'd imagine there's managers/coaches in the juniors who probably could have done a lot better given the finances no? I think Pollok are far from being the top team at the moment. I saw the game on Saturday and goals are what count but Auchinleck, a team in transition at moment I would say and definitely not at their best, where by far the better team. Pollok on right track but so are a lot of clubs still a long way to go for them same as lot of other clubs ie Rob Roy had great start Glenafton sitting top Shettleston hanging in their in our first season in top division. Really hard league and difficult one to call but I wouldn't be to quick at handing out plaudits as two defeats and you can drop quite far down same as couple of wins you can jump a number of places.

What exactly do you mean by what he's done? I would agree if you say the teams improved but he's spent a lot of money doing it no? I'd imagine there's managers/coaches in the juniors who probably could have done a lot better given the finances no? I think Pollok are far from being the top team at the moment. I saw the game on Saturday and goals are what count but Auchinleck, a team in transition at moment I would say and definitely not at their best, where by far the better team. Pollok on right track but so are a lot of clubs still a long way to go for them same as lot of other clubs ie Rob Roy had great start Glenafton sitting top Shettleston hanging in their in our first season in top division. Really hard league and difficult one to call but I wouldn't be to quick at handing out plaudits as two defeats and you can drop quite far down same as couple of wins you can jump a number of places.

You sure you've not got a vandetta against Pollok? You seem quite bitter about the Carlo situation, you wouldn't let it go at the time and now they've had one bit of praise for they're promotion at first time and asking and a good start to their first season back in the Super Premier you've got something to say about that as well. The guy is hardly saying they're going to go on and win the league just simply praising Tony for taking Pollok from an average side(compared to previous Pollok sides) to now one which will challenge against most teams again and are on the right track to getting back to the Pollok of old.

If a team has a larger budget then why shouldn't they spend as long as they live within their means. Any team that had it would use to their advantage pointless having money and not using it.

Archived