Shortlees v Dalziel

das scooter boy

Saw Dalziel play St Pats, there was very little between the teams I thought. SP started well, took the lead and for the first ten were looking sharp..

Dalziel came right back into it, taking a 3-1 lead before half time. Not a particularly speedy team, but hold the ball well and are a strong unit.

Second half, Pats had the lions share of territory, scoring another two to take the tie to extra time.

Dalziel scored a fourth in first period, nice move and finish. Pats were always in it though, until a moment of madness got their #9 hunted and for me this cost them the chance of the tie.

Dalziel ran out 5-3 winners. A strong, robust side, not very pacy but certainly able. Will give you a test for sure.

Saw Dalziel play St Pats, there was very little between the teams I thought. SP started well, took the lead and for the first ten were looking sharp..

Dalziel came right back into it, taking a 3-1 lead before half time. Not a particularly speedy team, but hold the ball well and are a strong unit.

Second half, Pats had the lions share of territory, scoring another two to take the tie to extra time.

Dalziel scored a fourth in first period, nice move and finish. Pats were always in it though, until a moment of madness got their #9 hunted and for me this cost them the chance of the tie.

Dalziel ran out 5-3 winners. A strong, robust side, not very pacy but certainly able. Will give you a test for sure.

Thank you. Any stand out players to look out for?

Thank you. Any stand out players to look out for?

Not really mate, the guys up front hold it up well, they ship goals but on that day they were scoring just as many.

Pace could be useful against them. From where I was standing it looked like they had a few more senior players than youngsters.

Robust and hard working, not a flair team, would be an apt description. Just my opinion though.

Forgot to say, I was watching another game at same time. So I wasn't totally focused on the game. Saw plenty of it though.

A wee report?

Pretty much cancelled each other out till the red card and penalty.

Once shortlees got the second just before half time it was one way traffic after that.

Dalziel had 2 banks of 4 with one up top and The Shortlees back 4 had an easy time apart from a late flurry when it was 4-0.

Will say Dalziel keeper had 2 top drawer saves.

Pretty much cancelled each other out till the red card and penalty.

Once shortlees got the second just before half time it was one way traffic after that.

Dalziel had 2 banks of 4 with one up top and The Shortlees back 4 had an easy time apart from a late flurry when it was 4-0.

Will say Dalziel keeper had 2 top drawer saves.

Thanks ????

Archived