who is going to win the english prem

mikey mince

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Spurs win on Saturday then i can see the momentum carrying them over to the end. Shame there isnt another Leicester v Spurs game this season, would have been a strange title decider :lol: .

England can have up to five qualifiers this year. Third place are guaranteed a CL place. Fourth place would only miss out if both the CL and EL are won by English teams who finish outside the top four.

Didn't realise that....I'd thought UEFA had capped every nation at 4 after the Liverpool / Everton furore

It changed this season. They've finally made the (correct) decision to give the Europa League Winners a Champions League place and I guess it would have been too awkward had they not changed it to a maximum of five teams due to the increased likelihood of a non-top four team qualifying.

It changed this season. They've finally made the (correct) decision to give the Europa League Winners a Champions League place and I guess it would have been too awkward had they not changed it to a maximum of five teams due to the increased likelihood of a non-top four team qualifying.

Ah makes sense....every day is a school day on p&b

Actually, I think I was a year out. They changed it last year. They also changed the rule so that FA Cup runners-up no longer qualify for the Europa League if they lose the final to a team that qualifies for the Champions League.

Just as well, really. If we'd been in Europe this year it might have affected our league form.

Archived