Falkirk - Willie McGuire

Congratulations on a hugely entertaining article.

As a QOS supporter I remember that very good Airdrie side with Willie McGuire and around that time the likes of Derek Whiteford, Sandy Clark, Paul Jonquin etc.

The Morton team you mention was also a terrific side - i remember you signing Billy McLaren from us and having that great run with Andy Ritchie scoring for fun.

As mentioned in your article - two smashing old fashioned grounds - Broomfield and Cappielow unlike some of the morgues that have been created. The all seater stadium has without doubt been one of the big negatives for Scottish football.

Thank you Rusty. Really appreciate it.

No problem. That's a good website you have there. Would be good to do other ex-players Q&A's.

I see you are a Bolton fan. I was at the Reebok now Macron Stadium on 2005, not at a match but in the Hotel De Vries when down for the Grand National.

Thanks Rusty. Yes I am looking to run a little series of them to be honest. Hoping next one will be Stuart Rennie, ex Motherwell, Falkirk, Ayr keeper.

Aye, Macron is a great stadium, with hotel of course. Team really struggling though.

Thanks Rusty. Yes I am looking to run a little series of them to be honest. Hoping next one will be Stuart Rennie, ex Motherwell, Falkirk, Ayr keeper.

Aye, Macron is a great stadium, with hotel of course. Team really struggling though.

Yes, Wanderers are struggling at the moment. Stephen Dobbie, ex-Queens striker there just now but only getting the last 5 to 10 minutes every game.

Think I remember Stuart Rennie.

Yes, Wanderers are struggling at the moment. Stephen Dobbie, ex-Queens striker there just now but only getting the last 5 to 10 minutes every game.

Think I remember Stuart Rennie.

I see Dobbie scored a 97th minute injury time penalty to earn Bolton a 2-2 draw midweek vs. Ipswich.

Pity they lost to Preston 2-1 today.

Archived