berwick v elgin

Well past few weeks we've showed we can grind games out just think we need to take our chances more there's to much holding the ball for long upfront so best take chances haven't seen Berwick play this season so Il go for an away win

We have gone on off the boil at the worst time. Our purple patch around Christmas pushed us up the league and expectations have risen as a result. I don't think we have coped very well with this pressure. Elgin really have to win this game if we want to stay in the ply off hunt. Otherwise 5th spot is beckoning. Won't be easy, as Berwick have got it together a bit now. Could go either way.

Don't have much to say on the game because as per usual I managed to miss the penalty decision. Two Elgin subs had meltdowns, along with several others on the pitch. Was Dylan Easton playing today? Never saw him.

Anyway, its time to properly give credit where credit is due. I slated Blair back in January for his performances. I'm not going to apologise because at the time I was right, backed up by Coff himself admitting he nearly left the club. However, his recent form has been sublime. He's knuckled down, scored a shit load of goals and majorly contributed to our recent turnaround. I said he had the ability and now he's came out and shown it. Well done to Blair.

Similarly, i'd like to see a few others acknowledge the transformation of walker. Its amazing what a regular defence and a bit of confidence can do. The whole back line has improved but we've only conceded one goal in over 630 minutes of football now (granted 90 was Wally), and he has contributed with some cracking saves in that time.

Outside of the first team, its nice to see young Gloves involved with the club. One for the future.

Gunn wasn't happy anyway. Not sure about the other one.

Another good home performance for us. Done what was needed. A well executed plan. Baffling comments from Simon there.

Archived