Best way to mark your garden boundaries ?

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Getting sick to death with unwanted intruders, and I've had a 7 foot main gate installed.   Round the front I have a 9 foot Leylandii but its a hell of work keeping on top of it, and I'm getting older.   The sides and back are fenced, but its basic work and I have great problems with deer and occasionally snakes.  

Would it be cheaper to built a proper fence or a decent wall round my garden ?  

I'm getting a quote tomorrow for landscaping and fencing and I'm dreading it. Going to be eye watering.

It's a big space in a rural area so I need to make it secure so that the dug can't go wandering.

In the past I have always found that the answer is 5ft stock fencing and a cattle grid. Doing that again this time.

For snakes, there's nothing you can really do.

I'm getting a quote tomorrow for landscaping and fencing and I'm dreading it. Going to be eye watering.

It's a big space in a rural area so I need to make it secure so that the dug can't go wandering.

In the past I have always found that the answer is 5ft stock fencing and a cattle grid. Doing that again this time.

For snakes, there's nothing you can really do.

Fences are easy once the posts are in place, the slats are easy stuff.  

Absolutely no chance I'll be doing any work this time round as I'm past it physically at the minute and my children live elsewhere. 

I have a miniature version of the Western front. It stretches from the garage at the bottom of the backgarden to the drive at the front. 50M of razor wire 25 landmines and a badger protect my land from any invasions from the wee girl next door.

Getting sick to death with unwanted intruders, and I've had a 7 foot main gate installed.   Round the front I have a 9 foot Leylandii but its a hell of work keeping on top of it, and I'm getting older.   The sides and back are fenced, but its basic work and I have great problems with deer and occasionally snakes.  

^^^

billy-redden-gossip.jpg

My fence blew down in the February storm.

It's only 8 feet wide but my garden is now open plan.

I don't have a snake problem but my dog seems to think it's hilarious to go out the back door and come in the front

My fence blew down in the February storm.

It's only 8 feet wide but my garden is now open plan.

I don't have a snake problem but my dog seems to think it's hilarious to go out the back door and come in the front

Thanks for that!  Ha, your dog sounds like a hoot.  

Are you considering rebuilding the fence or are you looking at a wall / hedge alternative ? 

Thanks for that! Ha, your dog sounds like a hoot.

Are you considering rebuilding the fence or are you looking at a wall / hedge alternative ?

Basically the 2 fence posts gave up but the fence is still 1 full bit.

I've bought 2 new fence posts which I will sink when I can be arsed and nail the old fence back to that.

Will confuse the dog and kill her fun but need must

Could always kill yourself to avoid any hassle.

Just a suggestion.

Basically the 2 fence posts gave up but the fence is still 1 full bit.

I've bought 2 new fence posts which I will sink when I can be arsed and nail the old fence back to that.

Will confuse the dog and kill her fun but need must

If the posts came oot in the wind they weren't in right in the first place.  Cement pal an use a spirit level.     

Would you get the planning permission to erect a wall? Your neighbours seem the type to tip off the council.

Excellent point Bobby, it's something I've not really thought about as my house only overviews a house in the distance to the west.  

It's such a thoughtful post -  I'm making you my poster of the week and giving you a plus one, mate. 

Archived