Craigshill vs sandys

skynews

I went along as a neutral to watch this game and having done my research I expected a tough game. I got to game and overheard a few spectators talk about Craigshill missing half a team and only one sub so I expected a SANDYS win handsomely .

Game started at frantic pace,sandy probing and using the pace of the 10 crease and no 9 up front,created half chances . Craigshill started to come in to the gage and sandy hit them with a sucker punch 1-0 SANDYS.

From that point on Craigshill dominated ,the lad Geo and jaconelli bossed it and swan moving to RM was a stroke of good fortune as he ran past the left back and finished with aplomb 1-1

Craigshill then got another one or two before half time .

Second half same pattern and Craigshill dominated and outplayed SANDYS who I was very disappointed with as I had heard noises from their fans about how good they were but I was very disappointed. The best players they had was the No 9 who from my perspective could play at a higher level ,no 10 was good as well,great movement,good feet and eye for goal . Sandy no 8 in CM was good .tidy on the ball ,technically sound but apart from that the sandy back 4 looked like body builders and they tired post 60 mins . Their cosches were well .... Wore tracksuits,no coaching information just shouting .

best one was telling his players to " deal with that c***" that's Craigshill no 11.

Craigshill meanwhile had quality all over the park ,kept their heads and played both sides of the game ,neat and tidy. I know swan get the credit but Geo was the standout yesterday by a mile .played the game at his pace while everyone around him were running about daft ,passed and moved it well.

Anyone know the sandy no 9 name??

Seen a few lowland league games this season and this guy will walk into this teams.

Good luck to Craigshill .

Number 9 was Boab Mckenzie, very good player and done well yesterday, never afraid to try and beat his man.

We ( St Bernard's) face Craigshill in a final tomorrow at Paties road, I'm hoping Swanny has decided to go to the boozer today and stay there til Tuesday! 😂

I think from yesterday showing,you will need to worry more than swan.craigshil can hurt you all over the park . The ginger lad that came on looked very good as well .

We lost 5-2 tonight, they had a lot of players back that missed Saturday. Beaten comfortably by a better team tonight, hard to compete with them at times.

The boy Shaun Martin is just a class act.

We lost 5-2 tonight, they had a lot of players back that missed Saturday. Beaten comfortably by a better team tonight, hard to compete with them at times.

Still a better result than an established premier team managed dinsey.

Great achievement getting to the final in the first place.

St Bernard's Facebook mate very brief report

St Bernard's

1 Ronald Mckellar

2 Brad Hainey

3 Darren Nicol

4 Lee Sinclair

5 Graeme Finnen

6 Gary Mckinlay ©

7 Jake Welsh

8 Peter Newby

9 Steven Clee

10 Steven Wilson

11 Rees Smith

Craigshill

1 Mark Brines

2 Craig Thomson

3 Chris Norris

4 Tony Jaconnelli

5 Graham Butler

6 Paul McCracken

7 Shaun Martin

8 George McGregor

9 Allan Mcritchie

10 Jason Mcgowan

11 David Swan

Always thought Shaun martin was their best player as well.

Archived