Stirling Albion Thread

Just watched Danny Jardine's goal from Saturday, nice finish. How is he getting on? I thought he was more of a holding player but sounds and looks like he's more of an attacking midfielder? I presumed this loan was just to wind down his time at Saints but maybe he has a chance of getting a new contract? It would mean moving up to the first team squad though given his age.

He's been immense. Since the signing of Jardine, Moon and Barr we have looked like a capable side again. The boy has a future.

I know the supporters trust have been getting pelters but it’s been one way traffic.
Playing devils advocate, below are the arguments I've heard being put forward for Stuart Brown leaving.I’d like to hear what his backers say in response.

Under Stuart Brown the club is now a League 2 club, way below where Albion should be.
Top young talent signed on amateur forms so hoovered up for nothing by Premiership clubs, not once but twice.
Being slow to tell the owners about interest in the club and two police investigations into coaches.
Being a walloper on social media. The youth academy operating outside of the club with no audit of accounts or the youth players disappearing to the USA.

Says he’s a great believer in democracy yet not been elected in seven years. Even Putin stands every six years!
There was a vote last year where members voted for him to be removed but he’s still here.

Having been elected by the members to look after the best interests of the club, are the trust board not entitled to change who runs the club?
Is that really a vandetta?

PS I'm not a Trust Board member or fan.

Edited by King Crownest

I know the supporters trust have been getting pelters but it’s been one way traffic.
Playing devils advocate, below are the arguments I've heard being put forward for Stuart Brown leaving.I’d like to hear what his backers say in response.

Under Stuart Brown the club is now a League 2 club, way below where Albion should be.
Top young talent signed on amateur forms so hoovered up for nothing by Premiership clubs, not once but twice.
Being slow to tell the owners about interest in the club and two police investigations into coaches.
Being a walloper on social media. The youth academy operating outside of the club with no audit of accounts or the youth players disappearing to the USA.

Says he’s a great believer in democracy yet not been elected in seven years. Even Putin stands every six years!
There was a vote last year where members voted for him to be removed but he’s still here.

Having been elected by the members to look after the best interests of the club, are the trust board not entitled to change who runs the club?

PS I am Trust Board member and fan.

FTFY.

1) You're right the club shouldn't be League 2. But you can hardly blame Brown for that.

2) Premiership clubs are always going to hoover up the best talent. Again, not Brown's fault.

3) Never seen him act a walloper on social media. I've seen the unelected chairman of the trust act a total walloper in person though.

4) Brown did f**k all wrong with the police investigations. He informed the police and the SFA and got rid of those in question. Stop trying to tarnish his name with this, snakey behaviour.

5) Have no idea what you're slabbering about with the youth academy.

6) You are quite clearly a trust member, goodbye.

1) The club's become a League 2 team but it's not the responsibility of the people running the club??

2) Premiership clubs will hoover up talent - but Albion should be getting paid surely? 

4)  The coaches are innocent until proven guilty. Nobody is suggesting Stuart Brown was involved with the allegations. 

5) Oh. 

I'm a fan of the club but not the trust.

Edited by King Crownest

1) The club's become a League 2 team but it's not the responsibility of the people running the club??
2) Premiership clubs will hoover up talent - but Albion should be getting paid surely? 
4)  The coaches are innocent until proven guilty. Nobody is suggesting Stuart Brown was involved with the allegations. 
5) Oh. 
I'm a fan of the club but not the trust.

Managers don't always work. You can't exactly shift all the blame onto Brown. Thats just plain stupid.

What players are you referring to with these players being hoovered up?

So why feel the need to bring it up when Brown did f**k all wrong?

23 hours ago, King Crownest said:

First of all I`d make it quite clear as a Trust Member and Supporter, Shareholder in Stirling Albion, that I`m NOT a Stuart Brown fan. Think Stuart has done a good job as Chairman of Stirling Albion over the years but his meddling in the appointment of the current manager where he produced another candidate at the final shift of 2, a person who did NOT apply for the job clearly beggars belief.  For that reason I believe its time for Stuart to go and be replaced by someone else.

Regarding the Albion being in League 2, yes have to agree that the Club should be playing at a much higher level at least League 1 imo but we are here in League 2 after 2 bad appointments made by the Exec Board of the Club of managers, toped off by offering the previous manager Stuart McLaren another years contract when most of the fans felt that he did not deserve one. 

Regarding top young talent signed on Amateur contracts and going to Premier Clubs for nothing on 2 occasions yes its disappointing but unless the Club has the money to pay for the Under 20`s development squad players to go on pro contracts then its a situation that will continue not only at Stirling Albion but MOST other Clubs outside the SPL. 

Totally agree with Stuart on this occasion, their was a Police investigation underway and clearly he would have been informed to keep this information confidential and the Club informed the SFA and other bodies as required to do so. Regarding the Trust not being informed clearly certain Trust members know about these 2 coaches but they also chose not to past on information, one of whom I understand was the VICE CHAIRPERSON of the Trust, who has since resigned from his post. 

Being a walloper on Social media each to his own imo, not on Social Media but that does not bother me. 

Agree that the way the Club Exec Board is run clearly needs to be changed and for elections to be held every year with a number of Directors standing down and reapplying for Election. 

Their was a vote taken at a Trust AGM but a lot of Trust members did NOT get the chance to vote. 

Yes imo the Trust Board are entitled to make changes as the Major Shareholders in the Club but due to the way the structure of the way the Club operates that this was not possible without going to an EGM of the Club Shareholders. A EGM will be held on Wednesday 28th March at Forthbank where Stuart Brown position as Chairman will be decided. 

Yes their is a vandetta imo, the way that the newly appointed Trust Chairman was announced with NO consultation with Trust Members, who did NOT get the chance to submit nominations for those vacant posts, clearly demonstrates that steps had been taken to get rid of Stuart Brown and be replaced by the newly appointed Trust Chairman. 

We have a Trust Board who do NOT seem to want to communicate with Trust members and try to get their own way, that's NOT VERY DEMOCRATIC is It ? Therefore it comes as no surprise that a VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE has been lodged with the Trust Board and a vote will take place on the 2nd April to decide this resolution. 

Looks like the trust board have all resigned and the absolute cretin Ken Lewandowski. Glorious.

Yes was at the meeting tonight, Ken read out a letter stating that all the Trust Board had resigned including himself and then the 4 Trust Board members at the table, all got up and walked out.

It was agreed after they left that Duncan Strathdee would organise a Special Meeting of the Trust to decide a new Trust Board. This will take a few weeks to organise and Trust Members will be notified of the date of this meeting.

Yes was at the meeting tonight, Ken read out a letter stating that all the Trust Board had resigned including himself and then the 4 Trust Board members at the table, all got up and walked out.

It was agreed after they left that Duncan Strathdee would organise a Special Meeting of the Trust to decide a new Trust Board. This will take a few weeks to organise and Trust Members will be notified of the date of this meeting.

Gutted I couldn't make tonight after hearing what had happened. Lewandowski having a heads gone, the trust resigning and Paul Goodwin offering to take charge :lol:

33 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Paul Goodwin

:unsure2: :unsure2: :huh:

4 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

How's young McLaughlin getting on? I know he struggled to get into the team in the first half of the season but have noticed him starting and scoring recently.

Neil`s doing fine, took his chance in the starting line up since the injury to Darren Smith and has been one of our better players, getting a couple of goals to his credit. 

How's young McLaughlin getting on? I know he struggled to get into the team in the first half of the season but have noticed him starting and scoring recently.

Started off pretty poorly, guessing it was confidence. He's been one of our best players since ripping the pish out of Cowden a few weeks back.

Just have a look at the goal he assisted against Edinburgh, absolutely brilliant from wee Neil.