Talented youth

johnnydun

My son is 8 and a talented player. He plays in a local league but I feel he is a bit wasted there and could play at a higher level.

He is getting frustrated too as the only way the other kids can get the ball from him is to foul him.

Do any others know the best way for him to progress?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My son is 8 and a talented player. He plays in a local league but I feel he is a bit wasted there and could play at a higher level.

He is getting frustrated too as the only way the other kids can get the ball from him is to foul him.

Do any others know the best way for him to progress?

Not any teams putting on trials or anything like that?

Not any teams putting on trials or anything like that?

Well the nearest professional team to us with a youth set up is Aberdeen (unfortunately!). They have a youth section on their website but no clue how to have a trial. I might just email them?

Well the nearest professional team to us with a youth set up is Aberdeen (unfortunately!). They have a youth section on their website but no clue how to have a trial. I might just email them?

No harm in trying. Don't they usually have some youth leagues where scouts go to?

Guess it depends how close to Aberdeen you are.

No harm in trying. Don't they usually have some youth leagues where scouts go to?

Guess it depends how close to Aberdeen you are.

Yeah im up in Huntly, 35 miles away. Wife says Dundee is too far to go! 😞.

Aberdeen scout heavily throughout Aberdeenshire. If you think your son is good and your prepared to travel for pro youth then find a boys club in Aberdeen.

Yeah, I have just seen insch have trials so Im going to see if he wants to head along to that.

Don;t be in any rush to get him to go ProYouth. Let him enjoy his football with his pals.

He does, but what he is finding frustrating is that he is getting pulled down when he has the ball because its the only way the other kids can get the ball from him.

All he wants to do is play football and he is not getting to do that being fouled all the time.

Don;t be in any rush to get him to go ProYouth. Let him enjoy his football with his pals.

I agree let him enjoy boys club my was pro youth with rangers and ayr utd since he was 7 you don't won nothing ie leagues cups he left 3 month ago and is playing junior football and is loving it

I agree let him enjoy boys club my was pro youth with rangers and ayr utd since he was 7 you don't won nothing ie leagues cups he left 3 month ago and is playing junior football and is loving it

Couldn't agree more. Boys club wasn't a challenge for my son at that age and he was picked up by pro youth. Been at 2 big clubs and hated it. Back to boys club and he's loving his football again. My advice, check out other boys clubs before considering pro youth. It's not all its cracked up to be and you'll be travelling the length and breadth of Scotland for fixtures

Also, there are lads from the Huntly/Inverurie area already involved with Jim Crawfords advanced skills centre, for kids of that age, affiliated with AFC. Strange he's not involved with that? If he's all you crack him up to be, contact the head of youth recruitment Jim Fraser and I'm sure he'll come and watch him. But seeing as going to Aberdeen would be a chore for you and you clearly hate the club, this is clearly all in a vain hope of your son becoming the next Messi, I hope he tells you to poke it.

Also, there are lads from the Huntly/Inverurie area already involved with Jim Crawfords advanced skills centre, for kids of that age, affiliated with AFC. Strange he's not involved with that? If he's all you crack him up to be, contact the head of youth recruitment Jim Fraser and I'm sure he'll come and watch him. But seeing as going to Aberdeen would be a chore for you and you clearly hate the club, this is clearly all in a vain hope of your son becoming the next Messi, I hope he tells you to poke it.

I was only having a bit of banter in regards to disliking Aberdeen. Seem's to have struck a nerve with you. Shame.

I was only having a bit of banter in regards to disliking Aberdeen

Really? I don't believe you.

You say it's unfortunate Aberdeen are the nearest professional team with a youth set up, but I'd be willing to bet you'd be there quicker than a rat up a drainpipe if they came calling for your loon. Probably to give you an overinflated sense of importance over the rest of the folks in whatever little hick village you live in.

Really? I don't believe you.

You say it's unfortunate Aberdeen are the nearest professional team with a youth set up, but I'd be willing to bet you'd be there quicker than a rat up a drainpipe if they came calling for your loon. Probably to give you an overinflated sense of importance over the rest of the folks in whatever little hick village you live in.

Christ. :lol:

Wind your neck in.

Archived