Squads for France & Italy

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the comments coming for our so called "Management" at the moment are nothing short of disgraceful......I am all for trying to keep the pressure off a team but publicly stating and effectively saying that this is a shadow squad and they must do all they can to avoid "embarrassment" is shocking management. How the hell is McGhee allowed to be a coach of a National team?

Sack them both before we are ruled out of qualifying yet again after less than half the games..........

the comments coming for our so called "Management" at the moment are nothing short of disgraceful......I am all for trying to keep the pressure off a team but publicly stating and effectively saying that this is a shadow squad and they must do all they can to avoid "embarrassment" is shocking management. How the hell is McGhee allowed to be a coach of a National team?

Sack them both before we are ruled out of qualifying yet again after less than half the games..........

That's not really what he said though is it?

"It is Italy and France and they are fantastic teams to get the opportunity to play against. If they come any less than fully cocked, they are going to get embarrassed. That itself is a good thing and it makes this training camp a focused, concentrated, professional experience"

That's a fair comment in my books. If the team shows up with the same attitide as the USA game a few years ago then they will get embarrassed again. There's no reason why we can't be competetive in matches against the bigger teams IF every player plays their to their best, even with a depleted squad. It is a big IF though.

That's not really what he said though is it?

"It is Italy and France and they are fantastic teams to get the opportunity to play against. If they come any less than fully cocked, they are going to get embarrassed. That itself is a good thing and it makes this training camp a focused, concentrated, professional experience"

That's a fair comment in my books. If the team shows up with the same attitide as the USA game a few years ago then they will get embarrassed again. There's no reason why we can't be competetive in matches against the bigger teams IF every player plays their to their best, even with a depleted squad. It is a big IF though.

Nah.  We should be reanimating Ally McLeod and having him scream in everyone's face that we're going to win  the World Cup apparently.

:rolleyes:

Just the way it is and always has been, England take priority, joke

Well no, that's not the case.  

The SFA can sell the rights to whomever they wish.  In this case, STV chose not to bid enough.  They didn't bid for the England game.

Well no, that's not the case.

The SFA can sell the rights to whomever they wish. In this case, STV chose not to bid enough. They didn't bid for the England game.

The England game was on STV though, why?

I'm only asking questions here, not saying you're wrong, but it's been the same for years. England internationals ALWAYS on Beeb/ITV, Scottish games haven't been for years and years.

The England game was on STV though, why?

I'm only asking questions here, not saying you're wrong, but it's been the same for years. England internationals ALWAYS on Beeb/ITV, Scottish games haven't been for years and years.

Well, it's all about advertising, isn't it? You are going to get bigger audiences in Scotland for the England game than a re-run of You've Been Framed. Scotland versus Italy is, in terms of advertising, less attractive than Lisa Tarbuck teaching us to laugh again.

Edit: of course that doesn't explain why BBC Scotland doesn't bid more. I guess they need the cash for River City.

Two stupid games to be playing. What are we going to learn by playing two teams looking for easy victories before the euros.

Just a nice piss up for the Tartan army footsoldiers.

Archived