Squads for France & Italy

Kingsley, Bryson, Scott Fox and Jack Hamilton called up as McGregor, Snodgrass and Robertson are in the play offs.

Hamilton will be purely for the experience of training, good boost for the lad but it's a bit of a strange one.  Good experience for Kingsley too and I would've called up Russell over Bryson.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does this mean that Rhodes and Adam are for some unknown reason totally out the picture ?

I could understand that if we had umpteen quality and proven performers at our disposal, however we don't and quite frankly I find it completely bizarre.

Having Rhodes up top against France and Italy gives me no confidence what so ever. I'd have the same feeling if it was Griffiths as well. McCormack and S.Fletcher are our best options for these fixtures. People can argue that it's just friendlies but we still want to win to improve our world and uefa rankings.

Having Rhodes up top against France and Italy gives me no confidence what so ever. I'd have the same feeling if it was Griffiths as well. McCormack and S.Fletcher are our best options for these fixtures. People can argue that it's just friendlies but we still want to win to improve our world and uefa rankings.

I kind of agree. I'd definitely have at least one of them in the squad though. Martin is proven-useless against strong international teams (taken off at half time vs England IIRC).

So does this mean that Rhodes and Adam are for some unknown reason totally out the picture ?

I could understand that if we had umpteen quality and proven performers at our disposal, however we don't and quite frankly I find it completely bizarre.

Nothing bizarre about Adam being left out, he's a waste of a shirt.

Not usually one for moaning about my own clubs players been left out, but is there any reason Hamiltons been called up to the squad ahead of Zander Clark, whos now firmly our number one and is only one year older?

Because he plays for St Johnstone.

Without being funny its probably the reason. Ones 22 and has played about ten games in his career, while the others 23, closing in on 100 senior appearances, has played more games than goals conceded in the top flight this season, and has pushied out a NI International who'll be going to the Euros in the process.

Not usually one for moaning about my own clubs players been left out, but is there any reason Hamiltons been called up to the squad ahead of Zander Clark, whos now firmly our number one and is only one year older?

Well... I guess Hamilton is viewed as the long term u21 keeper (rightly or wrongly) and more likely to need the exposure to international squads.

Fox is clearly more or less on a par with Bain for the fourth/fifth choice senior keeper. Which of course used to be Craig Samson...

Well... I guess Hamilton is viewed as the long term u21 keeper (rightly or wrongly) and more likely to need the exposure to international squads.

Fox is clearly more or less on a par with Bain for the fourth/fifth choice senior keeper. Which of course used to be Craig Samson...

Hamiltons 22 though, its not as if he's some 18 year old with huge potential or the long term number one considering Bain himself is barely two years older.

Hamiltons 22 though, its not as if he's some 18 year old with huge potential or the long term number one considering Bain himself is barely two years older.

Fair comment. I just think it's not necessarily a call up based on form.

Fair comment. I just think it's not necessarily a call up based on form.

I could understand perfectly if it was someone who'd shown anything to suggest they'll be useful for Scotland in the future getting selected for similar reasons to many of the youngsters who've been called up lately. But theres nobody like that, certainly not perennial bench warmer Hamilton, so surely it should go to one of the form keepers in the Country. Its just bizarre.

This was totally worth it, just to see RGs best Aberdeen fan impression.

I'm not raging or verging on some online petition like they are, I'm just curious as to what people think the thinking behind it is. Makes very little sense to me.

Jordan Archer would've been my choice. 4-2 up right now with Millwall and bound for the Championship. Plus he has good u21 pedigree.

Apart from the fact that he, like the Hull players will have a play-off final that weekend.

Surely if we're gonna call anyone up it shoulda been Jordan Archer?

Apart from the fact that he, like the Hull players will have a play-off final that weekend.

That explains that one then.

I can see where the Saintee is coming from, it doesn't really bother me because I've never seen either play but going by the stats you'd think the St Johnstone player would get chosen, Meh.

Is Jack Hamilton highly rated?

Archived