CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Guest The Phoenix
3 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Paddington officially signed 

Pending International clearance.  

squad looking good, think it is better than last year only concern is if we get injuries basically at the moment we have 16 as wee fergie and mcgovern have still to return to full fitness would imagine we will look to use the UNDER 20 team more as the season progresses and possibly do some loan deals 

only one goalkeeper in the first team squad ? mcmillan isn't mentioned 

Don't normally go to friendlies but was keen to see the newbies and I wasn't disappointed not a failure amongst them.Whilst it was just a friendly  the game was played in a competitive manner with 3 excellent goals- 2 from Clyde.

Some of these Celtic youngsters showed great promise but those that came into contact with David Marsh will have had their eyes opened,he was aggressive and was immense in the air.Hope to see more of this from him this seasoN.

I thought all the new players looked good today. Easton needs to release the ball a wee bit earlier sometimes. Good goal.

McDonald finished well and Jamie Watson looked a lot more aggressive in his play when he came on.

Negatives: I'm sorry but I don't see what Ferguson sees in Higgins. He just never seems to get involved in play. Gormley chose to pass to no one rather than having a shot from 10 yards. Maybe a lack of confidence. 

It's good to watch Clyde trying to play football again rather than last year's hoofing it up the park.

I think it's going to be a exciting season

Edited by haufdaft
Typo