CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Cfcuk-I've said it before so I'll say it again.As you obviously feel you can run things better let me pay for your ownership fee and then I can propose you for Board membership at the next AGM.Yes the Generations initiative has been a bit farcical but we have to realise that at the moment we do not have the power to pressure companies to meet our needs.Maybe you are the man to give us that impetus.

People would rather come on here and spout their pish and not actually realise how much work goes on behind the scenes . 

I'm certainly grateful to the people that put so much of their time into Clyde. They do so much more than we see on the pitch. Many of them have kept the club alive.
Some people want to constantly criticise volunteers and fellow Clyde supporters who help the club.
I don't understand it.

Whilst in general I agree with those sentiments, this situation is different. Unfortunately, if you take in a comparitively large sum of money (by the end of March), deliver a product months late, that is different from the original description, and give very little in the way of updates and explanation, then you can expect criticism. The fact that it is being organised by volunteers doesn't change that.

Throw in an email/website post which invites supporters to collect their tops, when actually only a limited number of sizes were available, then people are perfectly entitled to complain.

The whole situation has been a farce and goes completely against the positive moves that have been made on the pitch and in the community.

22 minutes ago, David W said:

Whilst in general I agree with those sentiments, this situation is different. Unfortunately, if you take in a comparitively large sum of money (by the end of March), deliver a product months late, that is different from the original description, and give very little in the way of updates and explanation, then you can expect criticism. The fact that it is being organised by volunteers doesn't change that.

Throw in an email/website post which invites supporters to collect their tops, when actually only a limited number of sizes were available, then people are perfectly entitled to complain.

The whole situation has been a farce and goes completely against the positive moves that have been made on the pitch and in the community.

Situation is a farce - that doesn't mean to say those from the clubs point of view haven't done everything they possibly could. This is a problem entirely of the suppliers making, and having not got a top on Saturday and spoke to the club representative responsible, whilst more than aggrieved, I accepted his explanation that what he is getting back from the supplier in terms of communication but more importantly delivery is where the problem lies. Lies being the operative word, as what he is being assured is not what is being delivered - and finally Saturday's delivery was nowhere near what he was told was coming.

I'm not quite sure what else he or the club could do about this. One things for sure, I'm positive the manufacturer has done themselves no favours in getting our business again in the future.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 19:07, Harry Haddock said:

Cfcuk-I've said it before so I'll say it again.As you obviously feel you can run things better let me pay for your ownership fee and then I can propose you for Board membership at the next AGM.Yes the Generations initiative has been a bit farcical but we have to realise that at the moment we do not have the power to pressure companies to meet our needs.Maybe you are the man to give us that impetus.

Of course, when people do come forward with ideas to take the club forward they are hounded.  But don't let recent history get in the way of a cheap point.

Because people come up with a new idea.... A new untested idea there might. Be a problem or 2 in a (new)anything doesn't give others the right to poke holes in a new innovation, it might fail or fly if it should fly are folk going to give them credit for helping or indeed saviing the club.....I rather think not cos they prefer to moan and criticize those who take a shot trying  to help

Can anyone say how successful Club 58 has been so far?

Basically it is making the club some money run by volunteers so any profit going to the club from what I have heard it's roughly averaging 30 plus these things take a wee while to build up put looks positive
Well done to the young guys running it