CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Sad that Marsh has left but it didn't look likely that he'd get into the team much this season if every player was fully fit. I liked him in midfield last year but I don't Ferguson ever really trusted him there and obviously didn't in defence - his first touch is pretty bad compared to the new midfielders/attack minded players in the team this season. He seemed a really nice guy and obviously enjoyed playing for the team so it's obvious that the fans are a bit annoyed he's left but if he wasn't going to get guaranteed game time it's understandable why he left before the season's properly started

I think the Perry comments sum up the Clyde fans pretty well. He's an ex-Rangers player that doesn't come with exactly glowing reviews from fans of his previous teams, so it's easy for fans that aren't happy with the manager to use it to slag the signing before he's kicked a ball.

I've never seen the boy play football before. He has 16 u-21 Scotland caps so couldn't have been a bad player when he was younger, either that or there was no competition for places in defence during that period. Take comments from him playing 2 levels above us with a pinch of salt as it's a different standard and sounds like he was struggling with injuries as well.

I'll reserve any judgement on him until he's played a few games for us but hopefully he does well - and if he doesn't, it's only a short term deal so he'll likely be off in January anyways. On paper it seems like a decent signing

Addressing the situation where fans are called c*nts and b*stards for offering an honest opinion about a player on a football forum?

Or do you think that's OK? 

Or being told that you shouldn't criticise a player's performance as he may read it and be upset.

Addressing the situation where fans are called c*nts and b*stards for offering an honest opinion about a player on a football forum?

Or do you think that's OK? 

Oh dear. My non use of emoticons lands me in trouble. Do I think that's OK? Of course not. But having a wee rant on here will not stop people doing so. I agree with you. I was merely trying to suggest some ironic twist in your sensible post.

4 minutes ago, maxruby said:

Oh dear. My non use of emoticons lands me in trouble. Do I think that's OK? Of course not. But having a wee rant on here will not stop people doing so. I agree with you. I was merely trying to suggest some ironic twist in your sensible post.

I see, fair enough

My view of recent signing.  Seen him play before at this level, wasn't impressed.  Couple others have also seen him play and feel he will likely be a good signing.  Fine.  We'll all be agreed we hope he does well.

It's a football forum. I have never know any Clyde fan to want a manager or player to fail.  I have seen attempts to nullify any criticism on the basis they "must have an agenda".  Desperate stuff.

Thanks for that. I really do hate the internecine threads we get on here. Because I rarely see a new signing play for another team these days- although I saw a few last season- I cannot express an opinion on that player's quality or indeed lack of the same.
Those who suggest that the views of fans from other teams for whom playerA or player B once donned the colours should wait, watch, judge and then decide if Barry has a good un or not. (Some Raith fan saying Perry is shite? Let's watch him first.)
Onwards and upwards Brigton!

I thought we would maybe have been looking to bring in someone in as a player/coach before we signed Perry.
Don't know if Roberts was getting a wage.
With him & Marsh leaving I would've hoped a couple of wages might have been freed up.
As said by previous posters....Quality is obviously better this season, but personnel on the bench is very worrying.

Still ran like amateurs I see.  September and no strip.

Then what 4 or 5 years after telling the folk of Cumbernauld you wanted away, you go begging back to NLC for a contract extension.

Your board seem to know what they are doing, a really well run set up.:lol::lol: