CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

19 minutes ago, plug mac said:

That's Ferguson for you his style of play changes weekly clueless and Clyde fans must realise this by now surely never mind theirs always January window again

How does a player being injured got anything to do with the managers style of play?

That's Ferguson for you his style of play changes weekly clueless and Clyde fans must realise this by now surely never mind theirs always January window again

He's twisted his knee in a challenge you clown. Much like Wee Fergie. But you obviously knew the facts about it before posting this...

It can work the other way. The Raith fans were in meltdown when Locke was confirmed as the new manager. He hasn't done too badly.

Some players are shite at one club the do well somewhere else. Most noticeable Stuart Kettlewell who is still one of the worst players I've ever seen pull on a Clyde shirt but Ross county loved him when he left us

Some players are shite at one club the do well somewhere else. Most noticeable Stuart Kettlewell who is still one of the worst players I've ever seen pull on a Clyde shirt but Ross county loved him when he left us

Is Phil Johnston set to be one of those??

2 hours ago, plug mac said:

Wee fergie overrated good player but nothing special needs to bulk up for next level of his career or remain in lowest league that's fact

:lol:

We rejected a bid from Livingston when they were in the championship. 

Very unlucky with the 2 injuries, but those are the cards dealt, and you have to adapt

Am I right in saying that at Berwick, McNeil was a right back and at Annan, McNiff a left back? Might be wrong, but thought that's what their fans were saying. If that's the case, play them there and try Perry & Smith in the middle. See if it at least looks a little more balanced, something to try & persevere with. We have limited options there so I'm willing to try any version, but that to me would seem the most obvious if that's their more natural positions

Losing Easton for any period is a blow, but while Jamie Watson is listed as a forward, I've a feeling his best position is just behind the front two where he can create. So maybe a 4-3-1-2

With his signings he obviously had a preferred system, but that relies on personnel. You have to adopt the best system for the players available, not just try and make a system fit if they're not best suited. There should be enough there to get something working

54 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Apparently Easton gets his scan on Tue. Outcome could either us have us finishing.in top 3 or bottom 6 pending Scan. Gulp

Easton is obviously terrific and the key focal point of our team, but I think you're doing a dis-service to the other players in the side. Flynn, Linton, Peaso, Fergie, Scott McLaughlin, JP when fit. There's a good enough team in there to get into the top four; probably a better side than last season's.

Although I'd absolutely accept a title challenge would be less likely, and we'll be less fun to watch! Would also really leave us needing a better run of luck with injuries.