CSAFL Division 1 Champions

TalbotBoy

Congratulations to Haldane on their victory and let's hope both clubs do well in the Premier next season.Hard fought game but ruined by officials.We had a player sent off with 15 minutes to go for receiving 2 yellow cards only to find out after the game he had in fact only received one the referee had made a mistake.Only 1 down at the time who knows what might have happened?How can this happen?We also had a player booked for diving when it was a stonewall penalty and the referee continually overruled  the linesman on the Haldane side of the pitch.The linesman on our side wasn't much better.If these officials are the best the CSAFL has to offer then it's a sorry day.

Well done both teams for winning their respective leagues well deserved after a long,hard season.

Took in the same game last night and haldane fully deserved their win. But for the talbot goalkeeper it could have been 5 or 6. Ref was poor and failed to penalise a few cynical tackles from talbot hatchet men. The stonewall penalty your referring to was the one of the worst dives I've ever seen

The Dodger managed to take this game in also wasnt the best IMO very scrappy ball in the sky far too much for my liking by both teams but Haldaen shaded it and got the goals to win it.

I think your clutching at straws a bit Talbotboy! Officials are the same for both teams they wont get every decision correct!

Talbot On the night your side came off second best, lost the battle,lost the plot and lost to the better side. Take defeat on the chin and move on like all good teams do!

Both Clubs are league Champions afterall with Haldaen receiving the BIGGER trophy.

You are coming across as a little bit butt hurt. You played right in Haldane's hands. Long balls and long throws into the box. They have four big lumps at the back.

You have two small/fast forwards. Keep it on the deck and you'd have hurt them. They are average at best when playing a good footballing side. Just ask Possill.

Best team won.

We didn't do enough to win the game but how u can call us hatchet men is beyond me there wasn't a bad challenge in the game and as for the penalty the guy u said dived doesn't have the brains to dive but the officials were absolutely awful for both teams

Went to the game last night as was intrigued to see how the best from ours was like up against best in division a. Haldane never got out of second gear and could have won by 6 or 7 on any other night, don't remember the Haldane keeper making one save honestly.

Disappointed with Cambus, expected more than long balls all match.

Sadly we never made play off we'll be back next season to give it another go, good luck to both teams you will need it up their ha!!

We didn't do enough to win the game but how u can call us hatchet men is beyond me there wasn't a bad challenge in the game and as for the penalty the guy u said dived doesn't have the brains to dive but the officials were absolutely awful for both teams

I played in the game and you are right. There wasn't a bad challenge all game. I also agree the officials were pretty poor.

I don't think it was a penalty though. The boys touch was like a clearance, he was never getting to it.

Number 9 for Talbot was a great wee player.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Loco I watched the game and didn't think both teams were up to much. Massive step up in opponents nxt season!

But credit were its due as I see tonight that Haldaen have managed to go league campaign Unbeaten, now that is special, remarkable to be honest so fair play to them.

Great Achievement at any level!

Archived