Next ICT Manager - Richie Foran

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Foran have any coaching experience at all?

I think he maybe helped out with some of the youth teams when he was injured, but a 4-year deal is a big risk

I think he maybe helped out with some of the youth teams when he was injured, but a 4-year deal is a big risk

Four year contracts can have break and limited compensation clauses if performance targets are not met. Surely your chairman, given his business experience, would not give Foran such a long contract without such protection.

Does Foran have any coaching experience at all?

Doesn't matter, he'll still manage his way to a clean sweep in league derbies next season  <_<

I wish him nothing but failure.

Surprisingly long contract, but the appointment itself doesn't look like that much of a risk. Hughes did so much bitching about the budgets and the need for players that people probably assume we're in terrible disarray, but Storey apart, we've only lost a few fringe players and have a strong and experienced nucleus of players who have been successful for us in the past. Players like Raven, Warren, Meekings, Draper, Tansey and Polworth are more than good enough to hold their own in next year's league, and if we can re-sign Roberts and find a replacement for Storey, and get a bit luckier with injuries than we were last season, then we should be fine. I'm assuming, of course, that Foran will adopt a more positive and aggressive style than Hughes: looking back, it's a minor miracle that we finished where we did last season given that in umpteen games we only had two or three shots on target.    

when he was hiding from the cops underneath the car.

This I take as a good omen. Steve Paterson, still our greatest ever manager, was famous for hiding in the boot of a car.

Obviously a risk, but he's a grafter, knows the club inside out, and will command respect from the off.

I hope Rice is away though personally, and he chooses his own number 2.

As always, our success, and Aberdeen's, will be determined on getting some decent signings in for peanuts, so hopefully he hits the ground running on that front.

Obviously a risk, but he's a grafter, knows the club inside out, and will command respect from the off.

I hope Rice is away though personally, and he chooses his own number 2.

As always, our success, and Aberdeen's, will be determined on getting some decent signings in for peanuts, so hopefully he hits the ground running on that front.

If Foran doesn't find a few gems for us to sign then I would consider replacing Caley as our scouting network.

Archived