RUTHERGLEN GLENCAIRN JUNIORS YOUTH SET-UP

catcoach

Under-16 Team Manager Barry Houston reports an excellent first year under the banner of

Rutherglen Glencairn Juniors, and a summer recruitment programme is now under way to

work and coach more grassroots talent.

Said Barry: "For over 10 years the young teams were under the name of Croftfoot United

until Founder-Member Robert Fox was approached by Glens Manager Willie Harvey to see

if we would be interested in going under their banner of Rutherglen Glencairn.

"Given the amount of time and effort Robert put into running Croftfoot, it was not an easy

decision to change and go with Glencairn as a Youth Academy. However, it has worked

out well for everybody,and Robert is now very much involved as Head of Youth.

"The switch-over has helped attract players, and much needed sponsorship to keep

the various teams in existence.

"My own team plays in the Paisley and District League, and players must be born in

2000. We also have two x 2003 teams,  a 2001 age group, and 1999's. There is a

mixture of playing days - some experiencing Saturday morning football, and others on

the Saturday afternoon or Sunday mornings.

"We would be delighted to hear from interested in parents/guardians keen to put

their boys forward for trials/training with the 1999's, 2000, 2001 or 2003 teams.

"Please feel free to contact me at bazza.houston@hotmail.com or mobile at 07530095615."

Many thanks for allowing me to post this topic on PandB.

Under 17s just missed out on the title yesterday on the last day to all conquering St Peters. A very strong side by all accounts - we've got them in a friendly Saturday so looking forward to seeing them in action

Archived