Irvine Meadow Management Team Vacancy.

Irvine Meadow

Best of luck Michael & Gareth.

Tombo, wrong again lol

FFS Jimmy, I go away for two days to see Springsteen in Manchester and come back to this news. That's the last time I believe anything you say. I stuck a tenner on PL at 5000/1,fecking gutted!

Spoke to a couple of your mob down the town today,seemed pleased with the appointments.

T

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wats every1 thinking from the Medda this year then?

Relegation? Mid table? Push for pro?? A think Gareth n Mick will have a gid squad in, both young and will have gd contacts. A reckon theyllhave a side that will be up there. Hope sa anyways.

Come on the Medda

• 2 weeks later...

Relegation? Mid table? Push for pro?? A think Gareth n Mick will have a gid squad in, both young and will have gd contacts. A reckon theyllhave a side that will be up there. Hope sa anyways.

Come on the Medda 

Irrespective of what has gone on previously, its all rumors to me as I am not privy to first hand info nor do I want to be, what I will say is that Davie Grieg has handled himself fantastically well in a horrible situation, a rough guess would have me saying they were ahead in 15 of 18 games but couldn't see things through? Anyway.....

The committee, the much maligned committee, I've met the main people at Dunterlie Park and found them all to be lovey people, the fact that Meadow are knee deep in debt and these people have stayed and tried to fight it speaks volumes for me, how did they sleep knowing they were custodians of a club so much in debt and at the same time manage a house, a full time job and a family? My admiration goes out to each and every one involved, and anyone that doesn't feel the same isn't a junior football supporter, in my opinion as without their work the club they love would be dead now.

I am all supporting hard working committees, of which there are many in junior football, but as for this bunch.......

Maybe we can look at a few facts, and leave the emotion to one side.

Meadow are deep in debt, True. But their legal setup means that it is the committee members are personally deep in debt. And after all they were the ones in charge when that debt was incurred. By all means have sympathy, especially for those who own property, their wives and children who may become homeless, as houses are sold under their feet. This is not an equal share of the debt, if any one person has the money or assets then the debtors will come for him on his own. 

Any money raised now is not really going to the club, but rather going to bale out the committee members with their personal liability. If you are happy with this, fair enough. And as for treating their staying in post as courage and tenacity, even if they ran their liability would remain. 

Told the overall debt is beyond £100k. If agreement with HMRC and others would allow say 3 years (which would be generous) for repayment, eans the first £35K each year for the next 3 will go towards paying creditors, before there is any money to buy strips, pay for referees or pay players. It is called a reality check.

Irvine Meadow committee were well warned for many years, both informally and formally, and still continued on their merry way. 

The only way out is to create a proper membership owned and run junior football club. Not a club run by a few for the glory of a few.

Good luck, and by God they need it!

Come on the Medda

Will be happy to just stay in the league this season. Tiny budget for the next few seasons but I've no doubt Gareth and Michael will attract some decent local talent. Looking forward to next season.

Archived