Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Digital Exile said:

Cant see how a few neds shouting and an increased police presence due to their attendance is going to help? If our team cant be ars*d turning up on match day I can't see what a few boozed up teenagers is going to do to change anything.

What are you doing?

5 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I agree with this wholeheartedly, but it is also one of the main things that has held us back.

A crowd of 1500 in a terraced ground looks and feels far better than a crowd of 1500 in an all-seater stadium, so by that logic we're better off staying where we are. BUT, for many people, Somerset is a crumbling wreck and I think that possibly puts local people off a bit from going to see a game. Ultimately, Ayr are asking for £17 to stand in a rusty shed. The price is competitive for this division, but £17-20 in any other ground in this division gets you a seat in a fancy, shiny stadium, making Ayr's £17 seem like a bit of a cheek.

Should cost less for the nuisance of being expected to sit. 

I agree with this wholeheartedly, but it is also one of the main things that has held us back.
A crowd of 1500 in a terraced ground looks and feels far better than a crowd of 1500 in an all-seater stadium, so by that logic we're better off staying where we are. BUT, for many people, Somerset is a crumbling wreck and I think that possibly puts local people off a bit from going to see a game. Ultimately, Ayr are asking for £17 to stand in a rusty shed. The price is competitive for this division, but £17-20 in any other ground in this division gets you a seat in a fancy, shiny stadium, making Ayr's £17 seem like a bit of a cheek.

Anyone who thinks that the soulless modern stadiums (not all of them, but we would be getting it on the cheap no doubt) are better than Somerset is a numpty. Their opinion should be ignored.

Yes improvements can (and should) be made, but we need to keep the heritage and the atmosphere of the club.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

What are you doing?

Itzdrk...I've been at it longer than you mate but Ive given up. The fat yank doesnt give a f*ck and nothing changes. I've even had Cameron look at me like something he picked up on his shoe for work with the Trust and Show Racism The Red Card. I seriously fear for our future.

Digital Exile, I was a part of the start up of the Regazzi. I am not a ned. I am not young either. I support my team and wanted, like the other founders, to add colour and noise to our match days. This was a
2 way thing. We, and the vast majority of other supporters got enjoyment out of it and the team were spurred on by a much better atmosphere.

Now, what happened next is well documented. It was a movement not an organisation. We didn't have members, we had people who joined in not joined up but do you know what? For a time it was magnificent. It made a group of people of all ages feel that they were making a difference, following our team with our hearts and our voice.

I spent an absolute fortune trying to get various flags and banners sorted but it was worth every penny.

I've still got my Ragazzi scarf and memories.

Wee Ciar will be looking down with a smile too.

The Ragazzi are for Ayr United and Ayr United is for the fans. It comes full circle.

But, each to their own.

Join in or don't

Forza Somerset Ragazzi

AUFC1010 you and your ilk were the reason I had had to stop bringing my wee daughter to Somerset. Your assertion that the "vast majority of other supporters got enjoyment out of it and the team were spurred on by a much better atmosphere" is a lie and in particular, our performances on the pitch make you out to be a b*llshitter of the highest order. A club that instigates violence against other fans is no more than a disgrace and a shame on our poor beleaguered club.What good did throwing bottles at buses or letting flares and smoke bombs ever do? Grow up and join the civilised world you f*cking moron. Police Scotland undoubted have an alternative view and will without doubt be monitoring this forum as they do with alll Spfl teams.

Grow up.

AUFC1010 you and your ilk were the reason I had had to stop bringing my wee daughter to Somerset. Your assertion that the "vast majority of other supporters got enjoyment out of it and the team were spurred on by a much better atmosphere" is a lie and in particular, our performances on the pitch make you out to be a b*llshitter of the highest order. A club that instigates violence against other fans is no more than a disgrace and a shame on our poor beleaguered club.What good did throwing bottles at buses or letting flares and smoke bombs ever do? Grow up and join the civilised world you f*cking moron. Police Scotland undoubted have an alternative view and will without doubt be monitoring this forum as they do with alll Spfl teams.
Grow up.

Wow!

Bullshitter

Moron

Please, at a later date, read your post back to yourself will you?

I've never let off a smoke bomb, never confronted anyone or tried to make anyone else feel uncomfortable in any walk of life.

Your post, on the other hand, is both aggressive and offensive.

As I said before, the aim of the Ragazzi was to bring noise and colour to the match day experience.

That is where it started and ended.

Anything else that went on was not the aim of the Ragazzi, nor was it my aim, or that of any of the other founders.

Think we're all getting a bit carried away here.

I remember back when the Ragazzi were prominent and I thought it was a fairly good idea at the time. However if I remember rightly it slowly began a way for, as Digital Exile called them, "neds" to act as hard men for 90 minutes every week.

The majority of the group were genuine supporters and it was ruined by the wee fuds that turned up for violence.

If the Ragazzi were to be properly run and made sure that the fans weren't causing hassle then I don't see why it couldn't work.

It's a big if though and I can't see the club supporting it before the start of next season.

Hardly, it wasn't me,, but hey, you want the truth,,, you cant handle the truth... take your f*cking nazi mates and f*ck off to Ibrox where vou belong. WE've all heard the BIlly boys songs. Wan@rs

Minter

AUFC1910... I have never stated that you might have conducted yourself as I stated... as I said earlier it's not everyone but enough to poison the water. I see the rest of the rifght wing apologists are turning up now so I'll give it a bye for now, But think on... how many other kids might have come to Somerset if it wasn't for those ars*holes?

Archived